General Trading Chat

Sir
Any merit in partial booking?

Vivek
On the news of Warren Buffet buying the stock can go up more...but in current markets it is always better to book 10-12 % moves as we may get it at lower prices..but on long term it is a great stock.

ST

lemondew

Hi st,

On volumes if there is a red price candle after gap up (like today nifty first 5 min or 15 min candle) it is shown as green volume candle/red price candle. But ideally these are red volume candles right. Even obv calculates all values closing above previous close as positive. But the first red price candle after gap up should be looked at sellers pressing down even though its closing above previous close due to gap up ?

Vivek bhai the door one was too good. Many people here must be knowing how to get out through the door. st included.

On the news of Warren Buffet buying the stock can go up more...but in current markets it is always better to book 10-12 % moves as we may get it at lower prices..but on long term it is a great stock.

ST

Hi st,

On volumes if there is a red price candle after gap up (like today nifty first 5 min or 15 min candle) it is shown as green volume candle/red price candle. But ideally these are red volume candles right. Even obv calculates all values closing above previous close as positive. But the first red price candle after gap up should be looked at sellers pressing down even though its closing above previous close due to gap up ?

Vivek bhai the door one was too good. Many people here must be knowing how to get out through the door. st included.
Today was a case of market opening gap up against the trend in the price area of previous days afternoon. If is different from yesterdays gap down.Such days indicate that due to some reason the supply demand equation/balance is disturbed and such days are difficult to trade. We have to let the market define visual pivots before we take a trade and we trade in the direction of new visual moves.....on such days the moves become clear by the afternoon and morning moves are misleading.Such days are most likely to be stoploss days atleast in the morning session as the market is adjusting itself to the new demand/supply.Pivot method treats different gaps differently and trades them differently.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

lemondew

If a after a gap up a high volume sell bar followed by weak pullback wouldnt you trade in direction of trend.

Today was a case of market opening gap up against the trend in the price area of previous days afternoon. If is different from yesterdays gap down.Such days indicate that due to some reason the supply demand equation/balance is disturbed and such days are difficult to trade. We have to let the market define visual pivots before we take a trade and we trade in the direction of new visual moves.....on such days the moves become clear by the afternoon and morning moves are misleading.Such days are most likely to be stoploss days atleast in the morning session as the market is adjusting itself to the new demand/supply.Pivot method treats different gaps differently and trades them differently.

Smart_trade

Smart_trade

Smart_trade

If a after a gap up a high volume sell bar followed by weak pullback wouldnt you trade in direction of trend.
As you asked about pivot method I replied what pivot method rules say....but if you are trading on some other technique, you can sell with a stoploss which will save us in case of reversal.

Pivot method will wait for the new trend to emerge in this particular situation of gap against the trend in previous days afternoon range or till yesterdays low is broken whichever is earlier...

Smart_trade

Exit polls are out now and still dead silence in this thread? I visited this thread to know how the big, experienced traders are seeing/taking BJP's plausible defeat in 3 states. Surprisingly, no reply/views on Monday's market opening!!

Kuch to margadarshan kariye hum gareebo ka...

Last edited:

lemondew

No st bhai,

I haven't thoroughly thought about pivot. Looking at volumes for now

As you asked about pivot method I replied what pivot method rules say....but if you are trading on some other technique, you can sell with a stoploss which will save us in case of reversal.

Pivot method will wait for the new trend to emerge in this particular situation of gap against the trend in previous days afternoon range or till yesterdays low is broken whichever is earlier...

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Buffet ki company interested in stake in kotak....if this is true Uday kotak can easily reduce his stake....but at what price buffet will buy who knows
And here I was thinking myself to be so smart - when he will sell stake, there will be a huge fall and I will buy and become king of England. :D
I had same thinking in Bandhan too. :)