General Trading Chat

From a strict portfolio evaluation view,
BankNifty is in a upsurge over the last 2 years and a trending stock always make money. So to strictly evaluate, we need to know the entire portfolio.
Regarding secret methods, I believe that more than the methods big players would be good at execution; they rarely trade against their views which might be a reason for their success. And they have a better setup that could aid them in accomplishing their trades.

Few simple methods which are open in public domain can give very good RR with a fair success rate....and here the risk is very small and reward is 3 to 4 times the risk.....just to give examples, Varunkocchhar"s lowest volume bar gave some great trades in Bank Nifty yesterday ( one can check on 3 min timeframe ) . Also in a strong trend,aggressive pivots gives a great RR with chances of success tilted in our favour because of the stock being in trend...there are few more of strategies which are flly disclosed and in public domain but the question is how many traders have faith on these and can execute those strategies effortlessly.These large traders have something like this and they execute their trades effortlessly and that is the reason for their success in my view...

Smart_trade
I agree that simple methods along with a good capital management with a perfect execution makes money instead of more complex methods. But most people, in my opinion, skip their own rules and don't evaluate their portfolio after the trades in an objective manner. In fact, myself use an extremely simple strategy and its proved to be successful (so far :)))

Last edited:

toocool

Actually we don't know how big players trading /making money big...Though AG showed of some his trades (its real/fake no issue here) its eye opener for us ...I too tryed to get his trades from his post earlier lookin on chart that day i think its possible...IMO most of big players use some hidden method which never shared in public ...it may be so simple we might avoid it if even we know the method :)
brother

there is no hidden method atleast in AG trades , most of us are mortals and have deep fear of losing and that is why we arent able to trade better and increase our qty with time as profits grow.

he can do that because he is much better psychologically ...................................yes psychology is the hidden method, he does not get fearful even after loss to the tune of 23 lacs in a single trade in one day ..................he does not get pressure on his mind due to fear

thats why he says you cant beat him even if you get his method exactly as he does , because you cant copy his psychology ...................and let me tell you he doesnt have any special method , he has years of experience, thats it, i am sure he tells his secrets in his seminars without hiding a single thing.......................even his psychology as best as he can ..........................but people cant copy minds

i have been following the guy for many years now ...................i know him little better than other people

travi

Todays price action didn't appear as those one-off days of selling. EoD probably formed many TD flips, now next few sessions will reveal story.
It appears more selling will follow, Bajaj closed almost at its low (before adjusted close), that's what the system is indicating. The earlier evolving buy setup was halted by a flip on Friday, only to be taken down much lower today,( even a strong daily support/ consolidation was broken) a fresh buy setup from here, followed by a CD may take the correction much deeper

Vivek
Buy Setup Bar 8 on BN :| pretty fast and almost 2k points and near the TDSTs 26780 of 20-jul.