General Trading Chat

onequorauser

Difficult to trade on such platforms....now they say that they are more into FYERS web. Brokers customer service telephones are so busy that market closes before one gets through....I was on Interactive Brokers for 4 years but not even once I had to contact their customer service for terminal issues....

Smart_trade
If you dont mind me asking... then why move to any other platform? Is it because you are trying out new things or were you dissatisfied with some aspect of the platform?

If you dont mind me asking... then why move to any other platform? Is it because you are trying out new things or were you dissatisfied with some aspect of the platform?
I was using Interactive Brokers account for index futures and options. Also I had 4-5 accounts with different brokers and as I decided that my focus will be more on investments and stock futures I closed 2 accounts and added one account which is in my city and so much more easy to coordinate with them by visiting them.

FYERS account is just a small account mainly to see the new technology these guys claim to have put in....

Smart_trade

Another advantage of local broker is that the directors are my friends and I can contact them on mobiles if there is any issue of terminal hanging etc without going through the telephone waiting at their customer service telephone lines....it gives much psychological comfort .

ST

FYERS account is just a small account mainly to see the new technology these guys claim to have put in....

Smart_trade
Yeah, and I read the reviews by the other members. I am waiting to see how they scale up their services with a growing client base.

ST Sir,

Have you stopped using Interactive Brokers? If so than please share reason.

Please share your views about it. Does it really give any advantage regarding order execution as claimed by them? Hope taxes and charges are same like discount brokers. Is it possible to trade international markets using it?

Regards

ST Sir,

Have you stopped using Interactive Brokers? If so than please share reason.

Please share your views about it. Does it really give any advantage regarding order execution as claimed by them? Hope taxes and charges are same like discount brokers. Is it possible to trade international markets using it?

Regards
Yes I have stopped using Interactive Brokers for reasons I mentioned in my earlier post.

They have a very reliable front end terminal and also back office....it is flawless.....so very happy on that count.
They keep their operations closed when our markets are working but world markets are closed....that is little irritating.They should keep the Indian operations open if our markets are working even though world markets are closed.

I find their office very impersonal and dry to deal with......that is their disadvantage.But that is my subjective judgement.

Smart_trade