General Trading Chat

thanks for reply, yes I agree with you. sometime back I had Zerodha account but I didn't find it stable enough for short term trading and you cannot use free platform to trade 1m chart really as it's pretty basic imho. And when your money on the line, really I need more reliability as brokerage always you can make out through proper risk management. so looking for some reliable option in India with NT8 option as Sierra chart is anyway not possible i guess otherwise that's I use for my intra day trading.

could you or someone suggest better option based on your experience where i can use NT8?

let me explain what i am looking for below
1. DOM to put order with predefined tgt and sl. And then modify orders v quickly. not sure if that's possible without a DOM
2. VBP
3. Orderflow/number bar to see vol %.

and only looking to trade crude,mcx
that's it. thanks in advance.
As I had mentioned earlier, DOM is not something that you get from datafeeds, you will have to rely on the broker platform. Former only provide the L1 quotes which in Indian context means only the best buy and sell

You can use the DOM on either nest or NOW from any of the brokers. As for OCO, TSL through NT automation, I dont think that there are too many options. You could check with zerodha pi brige but it is Zerodha after all and as you had mentioned you have concerns around it.

I remember reading comment from someone there that they had not provided very stable support for NT as opposed to Ami.. But I think that is kind of dated. You can check with them for any updates on their own blog

There is a thread by MT4 trader for OFA. Even if you are not using it, you can talk to someone like rpsvinod or MT4trader there as they seem to be more conversant with NT. Most ppl here use Ami

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
@Smart_trade how much dip u r expecting DA...?
5-7 % correction can come anytime but not expecting a deep correction more than 10 %......must use the correction whenever it comes for buying stocks.

ST
Sir what to do when the index completes a sell count and portfolio stocks are near it but yet not there. Do we consider partial booking with the index tripping point?

Vivek

Sir what to do when the index completes a sell count and portfolio stocks are near it but yet not there. Do we consider partial booking with the index tripping point?

Vivek
Index and the stocks dont top out or bottom out at one point. They have a lag or lead of few days. So when the index tops out, we look for signals of topping out in the stocks which may top out after a week or a fortnight on the second bounce.

Smart_trade

There is a thread by MT4 trader for OFA. Even if you are not using it, you can talk to someone like rpsvinod or MT4trader there as they seem to be more conversant with NT. Most ppl here use Ami
Hi , is Ami more reliable than NT in India? and does it offer direct order from exchange which NT doesn't?

Hi , is Ami more reliable than NT in India? and does it offer direct order from exchange which NT doesn't?
I am not aware of a situation in which you get direct feeds from the exchange unless you are a member. In other cases you have to buy data. I think same is the case outside India as well

IMO it is more popular as most people here trade only technicals and not DOM. That is where sierra/NT score over Ami. especially with tools like Jigsaw

Not to mention the ease of designing any strategy which is headache in NT.

Last edited: