General Trading Chat

TraderGYO

thank you, I only trade crude 1m chart where i need dom and number bar.
what about zerodha kite api/pi bridge? and then connect it to NT8?
I think you can not place direct orders to exchange via that method. On youtube there is a third party solution but not reliable.

and with IB i might go with Sierra chart rather NT, but IB doesn't have good reputation that's what i got to know from couple of my trading buddy. i will check on fyers web as well. thanks anyway. :)
Can you explain this a bit more (Indian context)?
If you are a professional trader or someone values money do not use a discount brokerage.( personal experience)

Many of our members are investing in stocks.Many growth stocks have given great returns in last 1-2 years and this sentiment is reflected in Sensex and nifty making new highs....but people investing afresh at these levels need to be careful as the market is no longer cheap and we are approaching levels which are not riskfree buy levels.This does not mean that the market will top out soon and start correction but at this level caution is advised particularly by new investors.

I am very bullish in next 3-5 years but 2019 being a election year I anticipate volatility in next few months.This will give good opportunity for new investors to buy at lower levels .I had given similar warning in Jan 2018 and we had a good correction after that.I do not know when the correction will start but I feel that we need to be cautious now.

Smart_trade

I think you can not place direct orders to exchange via that method. On youtube there is a third party solution but not reliable.

Can you explain this a bit more (Indian context)?
If you are a professional trader or someone values money do not use a discount brokerage.( personal experience)
thanks for reply, yes I agree with you. sometime back I had Zerodha account but I didn't find it stable enough for short term trading and you cannot use free platform to trade 1m chart really as it's pretty basic imho. And when your money on the line, really I need more reliability as brokerage always you can make out through proper risk management. so looking for some reliable option in India with NT8 option as Sierra chart is anyway not possible i guess otherwise that's I use for my intra day trading.

could you or someone suggest better option based on your experience where i can use NT8?

let me explain what i am looking for below
1. DOM to put order with predefined tgt and sl. And then modify orders v quickly. not sure if that's possible without a DOM
2. VBP
3. Orderflow/number bar to see vol %.

and only looking to trade crude,mcx
that's it. thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ncube

Sir, this rally from beginning of this month was primarily led by few key stocks in Nifty index, On the broader market side largecaps are slowly crawling up where as smallcaps and midcaps are showing good momentum and will continue for some more time as compared to January there is still some catching up to do. High chances that in coming days Nifty index stocks will take a break and momentum will shift to good broader market stocks.
View attachment 26953
Broader market momentum has caught up with Nifty Index in the last 10 days and is at a level that it was in Jan 2018. Would be interesting to see how it goes from here. Higher chance of momentum slowing down as mentioned by ST sir hence better to take stops closer and trade in selected stocks.

20180809.png

In Feb 2018 when the market topped,NAV of HDFC Midcap opportunities Fund Direct- Growth was 63....yesterday it was 60.784 and today it could be over 61....so though midcaps corrected heavily,either they have come up in last few days or this Fund has performed very well .

We need some euphoria in mid and small caps also to make a case for market top soon.

ST

When SBI goes above 320-325 one needs to be careful....I have observed this for last many years....finally it will break this level and start trending up but I am not sure whether it will do it this time....

ST