General Trading Chat

travi

Wow that would truly shut door on lots of diligent new traders.
I've yet to come across a breed of Traders who in their 1st-2nd year of trading are having multi-lot positions in index fut/stock Fut and hitting home runs :D:D:D
I don't know if ST sir knows them :p
(i say multi-lot bcos all the interpretation of single lot trading doesn't seem to be possibly blocked by the policy)

People who lose money in F&O,we ourselves dont care and we know what we are doing and even if we make loss we only lose our money. Then why are they making these kinds of stupid rules. Based on ITR they derive our net worth and we cant have exposure more than networth. What is this? Its my money , I can do whatever i want. Brokers have systems in place to square off the trade if margin falls the prescribed limit.What is the issue with these people?Not even a single good strategist there in the panel ? God has to save this country
John sir, I fully agree with your views...but SEBI and the Govt do not agree with our views that is the problem....I did not like LTCG on stocks but as it is imposed, we have to fall in line.....no choice.

Smart_trade

iwillwin

We will keep political discussions out of this thread......

ST
One cant do cash too without income looks like....

V.To reflect global initiatives on product suitability, a framework has been approved. Individual investors may freely take exposure in the market(cash and derivatives) upto a computed exposure based on their disclosed income as per their Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time.
Wouldn't this step encourage retail towards dabba trading....more cash transaction and less digital/online

I've yet to come across a breed of Traders who in their 1st-2nd year of trading are having multi-lot positions in index fut/stock Fut and hitting home runs :D:D:D
I don't know if ST sir knows them :p
(i say multi-lot bcos all the interpretation of single lot trading doesn't seem to be possibly blocked by the policy)
:happy::happy:

soft_trader

Brother for you it is best to learn trading in cash markets where you can trade small.....perfect your trading, make money,accumalate capital and then graduate into F & O.....

Traders may see this as a spoke in their wheels of getting rich quickly but remember that 90 % of the traders fail....and if one is undercapitalised,with less money to fall back on if things go wrong things will be tough for such traders....when trader becomes profitable, he accumalates capital, files his IT returns ,builds his networth and then he can trade bigger in F & O....slow process but much more stable.

Smart_trade
But ST Da, there are traders who may not be successful in one segment but in another segment. I know a person who failed in cash, futures or commodity but trade well in options. My point is some people may not trade well in one asset class but can excel in another.

High margins using bo/co could that be affected? . I guess margin trading in cash too would be affected using bo/co
You'll probably see 50-100x leverage in equities then, using BO/CO, of course.

But ST Da, there are traders who may not be successful in one segment but in another segment. I know a person who failed in cash, futures or commodity but trade well in options. My point is some people may not trade well in one asset class but can excel in another.
Agreed....

ST