General Trading Chat

natjay

Just a general query and quick survey -- How many here have attached their Aadhaar Card to their bank account. Is it safe?

I haven't yet attached the two since I don't avail any subsidy or govt benefits (I have given up LPG subsidy long back). However, I'm thinking of attaching Aadhaar to my bank account but I'm concerned about the safety & security aspects of doing so (specially when the bank in question is a PSU bank).

Just a general query and quick survey -- How many here have attached their Aadhaar Card to their bank account. Is it safe?

I haven't yet attached the two since I don't avail any subsidy or govt benefits (I have given up LPG subsidy long back). However, I'm thinking of attaching Aadhaar to my bank account but I'm concerned about the safety & security aspects of doing so (specially when the bank in question is a PSU bank).
In case of adhaar .... data leakage point were private vendors ... as the adhaar registrations were largely done by private vendors .....

as far as banks are concerned ..... so far ... only reported case was in Axis Bank .... not any PSU bank (although it can happen anywhere) ....... in case of axis bank ..... some work was been outsourced to private vendor .... and that was the point of data leakage ......

Prima facie .... adhaar linkage to bank account (I may be wrong ....) ... may be safe where no external private party (outsourcing) may be involved .....

Most of the banks offer Adhaar Likage automatically thru Internet Banking .....

I have also done Adhar likage to account thru online internet banking ....

Housing Finance companies are up ranging from 6-11 % in last one week.

Smart_trade
how was your experience regarding... what you had mentioned earlier .... investing in HFCs thru Zerodha Small Case...VS ... doing it on your own ...?

Last edited:

wisp

:lol::lol: yet, the govt. is advertising for it.

I think this country doesn't care about its illiterate poor, otherwise none of this would have happened. Can you imagine how the unscrupulous will take advantage of the illiterate with all this digitization of everything? For whose benefit?

And the illiterate old people in villages and remote areas :( The rug is being pulled from under their feet.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
I guess they can transfer fund only to Indian A/C. To transfer to Firangi, you need different gateways. And in such case, it was a stupid act. Culprit can be caught.
Wherever foreign Exchange will be involved ... of course ... different gateway ... that catering to Forex ... will be involved ....

In this case scamster may had erred .... BUT ...

Incident in Bangladesh manifests that ..... even forex gateway can be breached ....

In this case may be scamster did not do proper research / reiki ...