General Trading Chat

bpr

Hi All,
Need a help ( I could not screen for the criteria I am looking for). On F&O stocks can you suggest 1 stock for each of these sectors which has high beta compared to Nifty and does a symmetric move (when in uptrend, it continues for few days without any massive noise or same for downtrend). I am looking for 1 such stock in each of these below sectors. Want to backtest something:

1. Bank (E.g Axis)
2. IT
3. Metal
4. Pharma
5. Auto
6. Energy

Daily tick size does not matter - it should be high beta and trending smoothy. And no Stock with < 100 CMP.
I am not sure if you are looking for day trading or swing trading ...
As I am into swing trading My filtering has similar criteria but few added ones.

1) High Beta
In other words not boring Stock. However I have doubt now if this is a good filtering technique.

2) Smooth Curves (What you call here symmetric move)
The problem with this is this is not a defined metric. To me it is the most important criteria but very subjective one.

3) Avg Impact cost
This is a measure of Liquidity. In F&O if you don't have liquidity I can't do business with you no matter how lucrative.

4)No or Less Gap up or Gap Downs
Less frequent gap ups or Gap downs.
Small gap ups and gap downs are ok. Worried about the massive ones.
There is no way to guarantee this one if it happens once in a blue moon ok but not frequent.

What I have observed is 1 and 2 contradict High beta stocks might have more noise. I think Balanced Beta stocks is what we need.
I also look for historical volatility but sometimes the volatility high means could be good volatility and bad volatility. Not able to figure if we can find the perfect one.

Also regard less the stocks go through change like moody person every few months, very nice movement and then some choppy phase
the properties does not stick so you need to continue scanning

Hi do you know where we can find the beta values for all F&O stocks in nse site? if so please let me know .thanks in advance. I want the beta values

Looks like Nifty and Bn aren't ready to fall yet. Another attempt at new all time highs again is what it seems like as of now.
All geo political tensions,bank NPAs,UK snap polls etc are unable to bring the market down below 9070-80....so The down move seems to be over at least for now. There is no strong trigger to take it above 9240-50 also .So now the market is likely to go to the area above 9200 where it will face selling....

Still sideways moves...we just have to see which side is weak or strong at a given point and trade this sideways zone....easier said than done though.....but knowing how traders think helps in positioning ourselves with the moves.

Tomorrow we should open with a small gap up and then take it up from there.

Smart_trade

A bad day indeed
Not only because of BNF but also otherwise

There was no electricity, since morning, because of a major breakdown/repairing in our area. :annoyed: :mad:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
All geo political tensions,bank NPAs,UK snap polls etc are unable to bring the market down below 9070-80....so The down move seems to be over at least for now. There is no strong trigger to take it above 9240-50 also .So now the market is likely to go to the area above 9200 where it will face selling....

Still sideways moves...we just have to see which side is weak or strong at a given point and trade this sideways zone....easier said than done though.....but knowing how traders think helps in positioning ourselves with the moves.

Tomorrow we should open with a small gap up and then take it up from there.

Smart_trade
Sir, your CE PE trade in Nifty must be doing well... as Nifty April series is within those extremes.

Vivek