General Trading Chat

:lol:it will be a surprise to see a gap up ...though i need it

Originally Posted by traderniftybull View Post
NF BNF

Tomorrow gap up open
How big
Cant say at this moment

praveen98

http://marketvoicestage.commonworkspace.com/sites/default/files/MARCH_2017_VOLUME_SURVEY.pdf

This report says there is reduction of 60% in nifty options volume compared to 2016 vs 2015 year
Similarly Nifty index futures volume fell by 62%
On the other hand BankNifty option volume has risen 150% so big thumbs up to weekly option I guess.

NSE Single stock futures volume fell by 32.9%
NSE Single stock options volume fell by 15%

If volume falls like this big danger to trader as they have to pay more in impact cost
Hi bpr,
Thanks for sharing the info....The impact cost is already up and less volumes showing its ill effects on Active traders especially day traders.

travi

Government of India has made an announcement to sell up to 10% of National Aluminium Company Limited (ISIN INE139A01034) through offer for sale (OFS) mechanism.

Date and time of opening the offer for retail investors---April 20, 2017 at 9.15 a.m NSE and BSE

Floor Price----------Rs.67 per share
Retail Discount-----Retail investors will be allocated offer shares at the Discounted price i.e. at a discount of 5% to the Cut-off price in accordance with the OFS Guidelines. The discounted price, which shall be the final allocation price to the Retail investors, may be below the floor price.

EDIT:
Source is NSDL website.

Last edited:

vikas2131

http://marketvoicestage.commonworkspace.com/sites/default/files/MARCH_2017_VOLUME_SURVEY.pdf

This report says there is reduction of 60% in nifty options volume compared to 2016 vs 2015 year
Similarly Nifty index futures volume fell by 62%
On the other hand BankNifty option volume has risen 150% so big thumbs up to weekly option I guess.

NSE Single stock futures volume fell by 32.9%
NSE Single stock options volume fell by 15%

If volume falls like this big danger to trader as they have to pay more in impact cost
Government losing revenue because of old habit of politicians who are busy in running a mai-baap goverment

rjshem

Hi All,
Need a help ( I could not screen for the criteria I am looking for). On F&O stocks can you suggest 1 stock for each of these sectors which has high beta compared to Nifty and does a symmetric move (when in uptrend, it continues for few days without any massive noise or same for downtrend). I am looking for 1 such stock in each of these below sectors. Want to backtest something:

1. Bank (E.g Axis)
2. IT
3. Metal
4. Pharma
5. Auto
6. Energy

Daily tick size does not matter - it should be high beta and trending smoothy. And no Stock with < 100 CMP.
Axis is good enough for banks tatasteel or jsw steel for metal auropharma for pharma maruti or tatamotors for auto wipro techm or tcs for IT powergrid rec or ioc for energy.