General Trading Chat

wisp

Rentry - VT is up - so can renter on mph BO which is also mt change here.
Theoretically, yes, we should enter on mph BO when Visual trend is up, but I wanted to know what we should look out for in live trading to ensure probability is tilted toward success of the reentry trade.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Theoretically, yes, we should enter on mph BO when Visual trend is up, but I wanted to know what we should look out for in live trading to ensure probability is tilted toward success of the reentry trade.
Dunno, i have not seen any discretionary rule for this, ST can advise.

One possibility is to judge the strength of trend (after few BOs) to decide whether you want to trade the trend. So maybe look at VP swings' angles, Look at BO Extension/Pullback strength, ST gaps, Simple HH HL, Are ERLs holding?, Late WRB away from BO point?(avoid). In slow channellish trends with small BO extension, we can maybe avoid late entry. But better have clear rules else discretion can become hesitation for newbie traders like us.

I have some problems too in entering into trend once it has moved decently. By rule we should use all BO. Many times it moves some and then takes my aggressive SL and then i hesitate. So what i will maybe try is to have partial Targets when entering late - and use adds if trend continues.

Last edited:
We have to see whether visual trend is up and market is making successively higher VPLs. In visual up trends we will have minor down trends.So the moment minor downtrend is over we have to enter for next leg up.

ST

LoneWolf

Now we come to day trading.Here we have to trade with different mindset. Here also profit booking methods are same but we will be more aggressive in booking profits.In day trades some traders book half positions in 20-25 points profits and trail the balance half. This gives comfort as some profits are booked and remaining is booked later. Here again profit booking will be more aggressive in sideways market but in trending markets we would like to make the best from the trend and not book out too early due to fear.

Smart_trade

Dear Smart_Trade,

IN the above situation where one is booking part of the profit at a fixed target and trailing the rest till market throws him out, How should one work out the adds/scaling in in case of strong trend. Currently I am struggling with finding my way in scale in. SO please suggest.

Dear Smart_Trade,

IN the above situation where one is booking part of the profit at a fixed target and trailing the rest till market throws him out, How should one work out the adds/scaling in in case of strong trend. Currently I am struggling with finding my way in scale in. SO please suggest.
In day trading we come to know that we are in strong trending day after 60-90 minutes from the start.By that time if we have booked part profits, then we can hold the remaining and on shallow corrections add say 1/3 red position in such a way that the entire position is not at risk.Strong trend days give 3-4 such chances particularly in the afternoon session when the trend accelerates.Add more aggressively in down moves than up moves as down moves are fast and steep and they don't give too many opportunities to add but up moves are slow and they give more opportunity to add. With 2 adds if you hold the position till the end of the day it should give good profits as strong days tend to close at or near the low in case of downtrend and high in case of up trends.VWAP gap also gives indication that the move is likely to speed up due to covering by traders trapped in opposite side trades.

Smart_trade

LoneWolf

In day trading we come to know that we are in strong trending day after 60-90 minutes from the start.By that time if we have booked part profits, then we can hold the remaining and on shallow corrections add say 1/3 red position in such a way that the entire position is not at risk.Strong trend days give 3-4 such chances particularly in the afternoon session when the trend accelerates.Add more aggressively in down moves than up moves as down moves are fast and steep and they don't give too many opportunities to add but up moves are slow and they give more opportunity to add. With 2 adds if you hold the position till the end of the day it should give good profits as strong days tend to close at or near the low in case of downtrend and high in case of up trends.VWAP gap also gives indication that the move is likely to speed up due to covering by traders trapped in opposite side trades.

Smart_trade
THank you, will try to incorporate this in my day trading.

TraderRavi

low risk profile