General Trading Chat

If we forget about Demark signal of yesterday - then what would be signal that would be there in "any swing system" to a) Go Long b) Not book profit and let it run to capture entire 3%
Any swing system would have given a buy over 7050,7070 or &7100 today at open. In swing we just see whether our entry and trade is under threat any time and then just hold it...we don't think of booking profits on every turn...as we are trading swing.

Ferget DeMark...90% traders won't have patience needed for DeMark systems though they are deadly accurate.

ST

In swing trade we book the profit if there is a signal on opposite side,or our stops are hit .Don't even think of profit booking in swing trades in less than 100-150 points.We don't take swing trades for 20-25 points.

Smart_trade

Fundootrader

In swing trade we book the profit if there is a signal on opposite side,or our stops are hit .Don't even think of profit booking in swing trades in less than 100-150 points.We don't take swing trades for 20-25 points.

Smart_trade
What's the typical max duration of swing trade - max a week ? or more or as long it takes till swing is in our direction.

What's the typical max duration of swing trade - max a week ? or more or as long it takes till swing is in our direction.
3 days to 8-10!days.Points range 150 points to anything.....Recently there was a 700 points single swing trade also.Not easy to hold 700 points trade so take profits at 500-600-700 points .

ST

princy01

There are many systems and I don't recommend any system.Because any good system in the hands of a bad trader will give poor results unless that system is 100 % mechanical. And any system you take there will be few saying that it does not work...it is a fact actually it won't work for them.And who has the energy and time to argue it out to prove that it works....

None of my systems (except sequential) is 100% mechanical. But in sequential we get 1 Signal in 4 months. Bands,21 MA,pivots any thing will give great results if trade management is good.

Smart_trade
Sir

Could you please share your 100% mechanical system posts please

Regards

Sir kal batana tha ab game khatam ke baad game thi announce kar rahe hoo

I was about to ask question on how such big move could have been captured by swing trader
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Sir

Could you please share your 100% mechanical system posts please

Regards
All my system have some discretion element in them and that is why they give superior results ( they are semi mechanical ). 100 % mechanical are DeMark combo and Sequential...both these are in public domain. There are many articles on the internet, there are 3 books on these systems.We have a thread on Thomas DeMark sequential system.

Both systems will take few months to master. A word of caution : these systems give a signal after 3-4 months or more...so during these 4 months what do we do ? we need some more systems to trade the swings.Most will get frustrated after learning these methods but if someone persists...he will have fantastic accurate system.

Nothing special in my swing systems....but trade execution and trade management makes all the difference. Dont have ( and I dont need ) any magical systems.

Smart_trade

Received a pm from a member whose name is deleted for the purpose of secrecy;

From *****

Sir
I have a system based on price action and currently trading on it when I backrest manually it gave 400++ point . but in actual performance laggards due to fear and overtraining can you help me to manage as emotion factor come sometime I miss big trade in favor how you manage please help me I m trading nifty only intra

My reply to his pm :

As the system is giving 400 points in a backtest it seems to be a good system. Then are you backtesting truthfully taking all trades ? ( and not dropping bad trades)

Over trading you have to avoid. Trade as per your MM and set up.

Why do you miss a big trade ? That should not happen....if you miss a trade entry, look for another entry in that direction.

These are the improvements you have to do and they take time.

Smart_trade

Big money in TV shows. I am told some serial pay their participants rs 1 L per episode.Many regional serial plays stars bought cars and flats in Mumbai on this earning.

Grapewine info going around is Sukhani is paid Rs 15 L per month and Ashwani Gujral Rs 25 L per month to appear on TV and give their views.....even news readers on CNBC are paid 5-7 L per month.

Smart_trade
I heard on street ZEE business tv host virendra kumar lost huge money in Stock market.ST any news on him? As you are from Mumbai you may heard it.