General Trading Chat

arsh22g

News flow is mostly negative for equities :

1) Bonds surging
2) Gold Surging
3) European banks giving statements how safe the deposits are
4) Credit insurance cost for these banks surging
5) Economists, hired by big banks, coming up with statistical analysis on why the depression might not come

Only positive is oil bounce, which can provide a cushion to fall, if that fizzles out, it's 'humpty dumpty sat on a wall.....'
Just adding, bad German IP numbers. So both, the services and the manufacturing, sectors screwing up. In fact, DB's loan book will be more stressed now.

Da,

For those whose bread butter is solely dependent on day trading ,what to do in such cases???

I have been struggling in overtrading for last few days and miss good moves as i reach my daily MM limit very soon bcz of Overtrading.

I feel waiting for the setup as per your trade is the biggest challenge and trying to trade all moves is the KILLER...
Swing traders get the overnight gaps....but day traders also are doing well...wait for the trade to set up....take selected trades.Dont run after each and every trade.No one can catch each turn in the market.The costs and commissions take away big part of our profits....for some days decide that you will do only trades that set up in the second half of the day...it may help because afternoon trends are generally durable with less noise.

Smart_trade

Just adding, bad German IP numbers. So both, the services and the manufacturing, sectors screwing up. In fact, DB's loan book will be more stressed now.
Maybe that's why the German 10 year bond yields dropped by about 20% yesterday. Saw that on TV, didn't know what it meant, except that it was bad :)

Fundootrader

Smart money chasing 7100 levels

Volume for 7100 PE

arsh22g

Maybe that's why the German 10 year bond yields dropped by about 20% yesterday. Saw that on TV, didn't know what it meant, except that it was bad :)
It means that smart money is flowing to safer assets, like Gold and Bonds. Japanese long term Gsecs were trading with a negative yield for some part of the day today.

Larger funds are moving towards bonds. Only US consumer engine (~69% of US GDP) is doing positive globally. Even in India, FPIs wer net buyers last week, but in debt secs.

Fundootrader

Da,

For those whose bread butter is solely dependent on day trading ,what to do in such cases???

I have been struggling in overtrading for last few days and miss good moves as i reach my daily MM limit very soon bcz of Overtrading.

I feel waiting for the setup as per your plan is the biggest challenge and trying to trade all moves is the KILLER...
Thats why they phycology is the key to success in trading - Same case with me what you described - I'm currently working on my physocology - specially holding the urge to enter - and not exiting at right time

Fundootrader

Option Setup getting ready - Check 7100 OI now

Just for reference - at this time of writing this - nifty is showing slight pullback 7289 and puts (7500 & 7100 which I'm monitoring - losing value) - so if one looks one would think it's a long pullback

Which way it will go - will see

Fundootrader

Option Setup getting ready - Check 7100 OI now

Just for reference - at this time of writing this - nifty is showing slight pullback 7289 and puts (7500 & 7100 which I'm monitoring - losing value) - so if one looks one would think it's a long pullback

Which way it will go - will see
Two possible interpretations

- Market will move up - indicated by 7100 PE base and stack being formed at CE - see 7300,7350 CE (right rectangle) & Put option writers covering @ 7400/7500 levels

- Market will go down - indicated by 7100 PE base and OI increase @ 7000 and CE writing at 7300/7350/7400 levels

I'm holding shorts - so i may be biased towards the second option (and also the March series data is showing stack towards shorts)

but market is moving up while I'm writing this - indicating the first option is most probable

Again- i'm new to understanding these patterns and moves and sharing as I'm learning

Edited- Adding the Option snapshot of March Series - 7000/7100 Put and 7500 CE

Last edited: