General Trading Chat

amitrandive

Another problem in swing trading was gap open against me.Imagine a situation that at 2:45 we get a signal to short and we take a swing trade.Market does not quickly move in our direction and at 3:29 it is 5 points above my entry level.If the trade is not in 25-30 points in profit, I exit the trade.It is telling me that the market is not going down.It may go down tomorrow but it may gap open against me.In most cases next day the market will gap open against me and carry on in the original direction.I am not prepared to take that risk though it is nowhere near my stops.So early exit and try to enter again tomorrow and don't be exposed to overnight position.Someone will argue why get out till it hits the stop loss...it may be right for him...my way is right for me. I am extremely loss averse trader and all these modifications are out of my desire to lose less and take high RR trades.This also is a part of trade fine tuning.

Smart_trade
Re-Posting for own reminder

I had few days back posted that some time the market is not clear so don't struggle with it....let it be...soon it will be clear ...

Yesterday market gave a short signal on swing trades....last 5 trades had one stop loss of 18-20 points and each successful trade has given over 100 nifty points.....great time for swing traders....they have made over 800 points in last 40-45 trading days.

So if the market is unclear sometime why complain ?

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I had few days back posted that some time the market is not clear so don't struggle with it....let it be...soon it will be clear ...

Yesterday market gave a short signal on swing trades....last 5 trades had one stop loss of 18-20 points and each successful trade has given over 100 nifty points.....great time for swing traders....they have made over 800 points in last 40-45 trading days.

So if the market is unclear sometime why complain ?

Smart_trade
Considering nifty only, and rereading your post (posted by amit ji), if you are profitable in your position like at yesterday close, would you carry forward your position to next day?
Is there anything else also you consider sir or you part book your profit.
Thanks

Considering nifty only, and rereading your post (posted by amit ji), if you are profitable in your position like at yesterday close, would you carry forward your position to next day?
Is there anything else also you consider sir or you part book your profit.
Thanks
Yes yesterday swing traders must have carried positions overnight. At the close the trade was in good profit.At the most today we could have opened up but chances of loss was negligible....

Most of the traders try swing trading with a mindset of scalper....it cannot be done...be very strict on losses but profits one should let it grow when the trade is going in our direction. One trade in last 5 trades has given over 500 points which was impossible if we start worrying about 20 points up/down moves.

ST

arsh22g

News flow is mostly negative for equities :

1) Bonds surging
2) Gold Surging
3) European banks giving statements how safe the deposits are
4) Credit insurance cost for these banks surging
5) Economists, hired by big banks, coming up with statistical analysis on why the depression might not come

Only positive is oil bounce, which can provide a cushion to fall, if that fizzles out, it's 'humpty dumpty sat on a wall.....'