General Trading Chat

lemondew

Yes true. That logic cant be applied. I shorted only because charts gave me low risk opportunity for my mindset. :) while the nifty I didnt see that.

hi, in my experience, I hav seen that when nifty z touchin low, and some stocks are in high means, at slightest pullback in nifty, these stocks wil make new high. I lost many times due to this.
since today is bloodbath, so they also fell in line as of now.
so best bet is shorting weak stocks. I m tracking tatasteel and relcap, both from -3% came down to -6%.

blackberry

All new traders have rich experience of failed trades...it is successful trades which they want to see.

Successful trades make a great copy....it feels great to read " I got over 300 points from this swing trade" but the fact is I have caught this trade after 3 stoplosses hit but that makes a poor copy to read. All traders even super successful traders have their share of losing trades.

Smart_trade
sir
"3 trades hits stoploss" in which direcrion,how many on long side or all on short side.

Thanks

sir
"3 trades hits stoploss" in which direcrion,how many on long side or all on short side.

Thanks
This trade did not hit any stop loss as it moved in profits very quickly.But in last 3 swings there were 2-3 small stops were hit.

Smart_trade

lemondew

If I simply take a trade on break of every pivot then we ll have more misses than hits. May be it would be 3 to 4:1 where 3-4 losses 1 wins. Strict SL would mean loose very less and take a lot when it works. Is that how it is played on break of every pivot.

I never traded on break of every pivot....

All new traders have rich experience of failed trades...it is successful trades which they want to see.

Successful trades make a great copy....it feels great to read " I got over 300 points from this swing trade" but the fact is I have caught this trade after 3 stoplosses hit but that makes a poor copy to read. All traders even super successful traders have their share of losing trades.

Smart_trade
sir

Thanks

@Krishnan,

Most of the questions asked by you ,you will get their answers yourself after you gain some experience trading on oscillators and that will give you real knowledge.My answering these questions won't help you in actual trading in the markets.....so you will son understand these finer points yourself.

Smart_trade

But some where I also read you win 7 trades out of 10 :confused: :confused: :(:(
That is in day trading.In swing trades I exit the trade if it goes 15 points against me,and re-enter if necessary.These stops are kind of early exits I prefer to take instead of taking a 70 points stop loss.So these are 2-3 attempts to get a right trade.

ST

If I simply take a trade on break of every pivot then we ll have more misses than hits. May be it would be 3 to 4:1 where 3-4 losses 1 wins. Strict SL would mean loose very less and take a lot when it works. Is that how it is played on break of every pivot.

I never traded on break of every pivot....
I too don't trade on break of every pivot.