General Trading Chat

Fundootrader

Most welcome.I thought I must explain because it probably gave a wrong impression that I take 3 stops for every right trade and I go on taking swing trades on all pivot breaks.People will try to trade that way and harm themselves.Trading on every pivot will drive us insane.

But I am thinking that I should talk less about swing trades as it is creating wrong impressions in the minds of readers and that is dangerous .

ST
I think you should continue talking about swing trades. Most trade discussions are focussed on day trading and your's is only on swing trading - which is essential to learn too. All one needs to understand is all being discussed are best practices and not the system - so one should learn these practices and incorporate in the system one follows and not consider these as system itself.

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
So true ST ji, trading style and setup can always be shared for sharing best practices, and for others to learn some new ideas with respect to challenges they may already be facing.

However, I firmly believe and strongly recommend to all new traders - Every trading setup and style , must be customized based on your own requirement and personality traits. Any attempt to copy any such thing from even a successful trader, can turn disaster for your own self.

This is purely from my own experience, since I have burnt my hands many times before.

Most welcome.I thought I must explain because it probably gave a wrong impression that I take 3 stops for every right trade and I go on taking swing trades on all pivot breaks.People will try to trade that way and harm themselves.Trading on every pivot will drive us insane.

But I am thinking that I should talk less about swing trades as it is creating wrong impressions in the minds of readers and that is dangerous .

ST

ST
Dear ST
If anyone reads & re-reads your explanation, the rationale will be very clear.:thumb:

I think we should not limit this thread to day trading. Swing and position trades give larger returns and a good trader would have a mix of all three/or at least 2 in the portfolio.

Pradeep

@Krishnan,

Most of the questions asked by you ,you will get their answers yourself after you gain some experience trading on oscillators and that will give you real knowledge.My answering these questions won't help you in actual trading in the markets.....so you will son understand these finer points yourself.

Smart_trade
@ST Sir
Thanks for taking time. Sure, let me go through lot more charts with same setup + previous thread(once again) on oscillators by u and then comeback if i have questions :)

arsh22g

I am pretty sure I will attract ridicule for asking as it must have been asked so many times before, but still...can someone please share threads or notes of pivot trading style by experts like ST and Saint? :)

Fundootrader

SGX Nifty up - +.16% i.e. +12 points

Does anyone know the trade timing for SGX Nifty - I look at sgxnifty dot com - which shows it as positive green while if we look at same at investing dot com @ Nifty 50 under index futures - values are same - but investing site shows the value as cumulative showing -2.28%

arsh22g

SGX Nifty up - +.16% i.e. +12 points

Does anyone know the trade timing for SGX Nifty - I look at sgxnifty dot com - which shows it as positive green while if we look at same at investing dot com @ Nifty 50 under index futures - values are same - but investing site shows the value as cumulative showing -2.28%
Morning Session :
6:30 AM – 3:40 PM IST

Evening Session :
4:45 PM – 11:30 PM IST

Source : Google Search :eek: