General Trading Chat

XRAY27

Excellent post by AW10

I happened to see the posts here today and kind of discussion going on.
Sorry Pradeep and others, I disagree with the approach that u are taking to make 4.5Cr from 1L.
Making money in market is not as simple as doing number crunching in excel. You copy the formula for few more rows and you will start seeing the numbers in 10Crs.

Have u every thought, why nobody else has made that kind of money in the market starting from the place where u are now.
We do see such amt made in the market, but that comes after many years of slogging / pain / learning / finding solid systems that suits TRADERs individual personality and attitude
and lot and lots of psychological control on Traders mindset.

Some facts that I have learned /read about trading are
1) 90% traders are looser and only 10% are winner. and out of those 10%, hardly 1 to 2% make awesome money.. but others still make lots of money.
2) Trading is 70% about psychology.. 20% risk and money mgmt and hardly 10% about trading system.
3) Trading is much bigger domain then technical analysis, or basic concepts mentioned in many popular books. If you want to learn trading then read the books
focus on trading not on Tech Analysis only. You will get to know what trading is all about - eg. come into my trading room by Alexander Edler
4) Though good system might be small % of your trading success.. but that is THE base.. If you don't have a system with +ive expectancy, just forget the returns.
You might win in few trades / for few weeks/ for few months.. but if you have poor foundation of trading / risk mgmt/ money mgmt - you will end up loosing your months of
earning in one single trade. and then u will start from row 1 of excel sheet.
5) There is a reason why most people are not successful in the market over long run because the mindset on successful trader is very different from the common human mindset.
The attributes that are good in our normal life (perfection, be right everytime, no thought of risk mgmt, limited opportunities etc..) are not applicable in trading world. So it takes time
to develop that trading mindset.. which will make millions for us.

Dear, I have gone thru the stage where you are now. Have made all the mistakes that are possible in trading..and not just once but many times.. It is tough journey ahead
and most of it the fight will be with yourself only.. your psychology / your mindset.

If could give one suggestion here - then forget the profit of your P&L and focus on Loss part of it.. and start managing them first. If you control your losses, profit will be automatically take care of itself.
You can have 4 outcome in any trade
1) Big Profit
2) Small Profit
3) Small Loss
4) Big loss..
First 3 results are acceptable and but key to trading success is our ability to learn and practice about how to stay away from 4th i.e. big losses.

I saw you trading in F&O / Trading OTM options etc, IMO, trading futures without proper system could result in big losses. OTM option is sure way to loose money if market doesn't move in that direction and in short period of time.

Hope you pickup the right skills soon.
All the best..on your journey to trading glory.

Happy Trading.

Trader_PK

Well, what i can say to you ... is " ignorance is bless"..i'm FTT from 2007 and registered to the forum in that year..but only active from past 3 years may be...started screen based trading with high brokerage during those days.earnings are also super why ?? structural bull market with euphoria then started bear market with panic it is also ok, then started wild swing volatility, people lost there pants and shirts very fast,and i know many who are vanished from market with improvement of TA and also facing people who use TA softwares...

With in the forum also i have not seen any person saying that 4 to 6 weeks is more then enough for getting all the experience of learning and creating profits..yes there are threads but no proof of there achievement,account can be blown out in that span or even less...:D

"How to trade" ?? for answering this words itself people are struggling , second question of who is trading is nonsense..Third GOD has many divine things to do..he has nothing to do about this trading stuff as it is human creation :D

Bottom line

Your words of 4 to 6 weeks sounds like a system seller or super trader..
i myself is not a super trader... shared some thing with the forum which i trade,may not be great system as per your standard, but earning for living with that
its took me 3 full year to understand "how to trade" and MM

It is not the 3 times lot size that would screw up nifty's intraday trading but the 5 times exposure margin. 6000 to 30000 (as per zerodha span calculator).

Can't wait to see how sinha messes up MCX lots next. :D
You will need lower margins using BO/CO intraday

Also, the margins are always higher for the next/far series. You will see lower margins for the Nov series in November than in September/October.
Increase in lot size means less noise in lower time frame, good for intraday players
Not sure. Please explain.
Siddhhi bat no bakwas...
With new lot size 75, volumes to 66% girega. So liquidity me difference to haga i hoga. Slippage bahut bar jayega keuki volume girega. Overall bad effect i hoga small time frame trader ke liye..
Maybe the overall volume may not come down much. May increase in equity and go down for a while in the derivatives.

Using discount brokers, the options may become much more attractive. With lot size 25, the breakeven for an option priced at Rs. 100 is about 48 paisa, with lot size it will be 75 paisa (for zerodha).

NANDAMAD

From the chart it seems 40-50 points MAE in this month ...all 3 trades were winners...but in last 5-6 months he says he had 6-8 stoplosses hit....we will find out in real trading...good traders wont spoonfeed us with all the inputs, they will only point to a direction and they will expect that many things we figure out ourselves. We will try it out.

ST

what is MAE? sir

A turbulent week (sep 28 -oct 02 2015)

sunday : Elections in catalonia,spain

monday :(sep 28)

us pending home sales (mom) (aug)�

tue (sep 29)

india rbi credit policy : Tue : (exp 0.25% rate cut)�

us cb consumer confidence (sep)�

wed : (sep 30)

us adp nonfarm employment change (sep)�

thu (oct 01)

fed's yellen, bullard speak on community banking in st. Louis

china manufacturing pmi (sep)

us ism manufacturing (sep)

friday (oct 02)

us : Change in non-farm payrolls (sep)

there was a thread for stock trading by greet (deleted now).
I made portfolio in moneycontrol (paper trading) of the stocks suggested in that thread , portfolio still up by 33% , while nifty gone down from that time. :lol:
do you mind sharing the composition of paper trade portfolio ...