General Trading Chat

wisp

I'm going for complete swing base in month of Nov...rather then intra day !!! still things stabilize...ST da has different view but.. there will be price gaps..so smaller time frame trading is little bit risky... :( :(

oh...:mad::(:(

So I guess I just have to plan to sit it out in November since I dont know much about swing trading other than Saint sir's Flow which is a killer in sideways..sooo. :(:( unless Columbus sir succeeds in making NSE change their mind.

Last edited:

Dax Devil

I'm going for complete swing base in month of Nov...rather then intra day !!! still things stabilize...ST da has different view but.. there will be price gaps..so smaller time frame trading is little bit risky... :( :(
No disrespect to anyone, friend, but I think the majority of members here hardly knows as to how to handle wide spread movements. Coz they are habitual of nifty trading for so many years, so used to tight SLs and 3-5 min candles profits, so used to systems tailor-made for index trading. It will be quite a steep learning curve to learn how to factor in dozens of diverse market infos simultaneously while initiating a trade. Not to mention the requirement of entirely different MM.

wisp

May be its time for me to give crude oil a go again. Will try it November if Nifty situation remains unclear.

XRAY27

No disrespect to anyone, friend, but I think the majority of members here hardly knows as to how to handle wide spread movements. Coz they are habitual of nifty trading for so many years, so used to tight SLs and 3-5 min candles profits, so used to systems tailor-made for index trading. It will be quite a steep learning curve to learn how to factor in dozens of diverse market infos simultaneously while initiating a trade. Not to mention the requirement of entirely different MM.
DD yes !!! intra day is always luring and rewarding with less capital vis a vis positional/swing on basis of capital..but as a trader we have to change our course with time and situation..

Only risk factor is price shock in positional trading ,but rewards are very high and this Price shocks can be countered with MM ;)

With in the forum majority are learners and very less are earning for living ..

This increase of lot size will cause hardship on newbies...:(:(

Dax Devil

DD yes !!! intra day is always luring and rewarding with less capital vis a vis positional/swing on basis of capital..but as a trader we have to change our course with time and situation..

Only risk factor is price shock in positional trading ,but rewards are very high and this Price shocks can be countered with MM ;)

With in the forum majority are learners and very less are earning for living ..

This increase of lot size will cause hardship on newbies...:(:(
It is not the price shock due to lot size alone will create hardship, but transactional charges will slap you on another cheek if trade goes wrong or gets scratched below BO. So no matter what MM you bring in, the captial base just have to get increased by 4-5 times from present.

As far as this majority of learners thing is concerned, I just have only one thing to say. Now a days learning how to trade profitably is 4-6 weeks job. A few weeks more of paper trading and earning weeks start. If it's been 3-4 and the guy still struggles and thinks he is a 'learner' then god help him. Thing is, 'how to trade' plays 10% part in trading. 90% is 'who is trading'. But here 90% time is devoted to 'how to trade'. No wonder there are more learners and less earners. :)

You know in my previous post I mentioned reading a 2009 thread. God, I wish I were in trading then and a member of this forum. Real cool frontier traders this forum had once. Brokerage was high, there was no free charting or minute by by minute back fill, yet those guys were helping each other with MA crossovers or RSI tricks to earn a few hundered rupees daily, working on charts that had just 3 days backfill of minute candles data. 3 days data, just!

Stop this virtual trading, friend, you would damage your health otherwise. Monday is 4 days away. Take it easy, enjoy the long weekend. The world is not going to end whether market is 7863 or 7683.
Bro someone wanted to know the SgX data.So I just gave the same.Anyway thanks for the advice.Appreciate it.

No. The biggest victims would be those 30-40% whom I mentioned in my previous post. They would be adamant, wouldn't learn, try to be overconfident by pumping themseleves with 'you can do anything' kind of idiotic quotes, and get perished in due course.
Funny coincidence, last night I read a 2009 post in an old thread quoting a japanese proverb, The only cure for idiots is death. Metaphorical death, I hope.
I think you may be a ROBOT ie made with ready made intelligent, ready made skills.

No Human beings are born with ready-made intelligent, skills.

I dont know why? your attitudes from your posts are disturbing me lot.

XRAY27

It is not the price shock due to lot size alone will create hardship, but transactional charges will slap you on another cheek if trade goes wrong or gets scratched below BO. So no matter what MM you bring in, the captial base just have to get increased by 4-5 times from present.

As far as this majority of learners thing is concerned, I just have only one thing to say. Now a days learning how to trade profitably is 4-6 weeks job. A few weeks more of paper trading and earning weeks start. If it's been 3-4 and the guy still struggles and thinks he is a 'learner' then god help him. Thing is, 'how to trade' plays 10% part in trading. 90% is 'who is trading'. But here 90% time is devoted to 'how to trade'. No wonder there are more learners and less earners. :)

You know in my previous post I mentioned reading a 2009 thread. God, I wish I were in trading then and a member of this forum. Real cool frontier traders this forum had once. Brokerage was high, there was no free charting or minute by by minute back fill, yet those guys were helping each other with MA crossovers or RSI tricks to earn a few hundered rupees daily, working on charts that had just 3 days backfill of minute candles data. 3 days data, just!
Well, what i can say to you ... is " ignorance is bless"..i'm FTT from 2007 and registered to the forum in that year..but only active from past 3 years may be...started screen based trading with high brokerage during those days.earnings are also super why ?? structural bull market with euphoria then started bear market with panic it is also ok, then started wild swing volatility, people lost there pants and shirts very fast,and i know many who are vanished from market with improvement of TA and also facing people who use TA softwares...

With in the forum also i have not seen any person saying that 4 to 6 weeks is more then enough for getting all the experience of learning and creating profits..yes there are threads but no proof of there achievement,account can be blown out in that span or even less...:D

"How to trade" ?? for answering this words itself people are struggling , second question of who is trading is nonsense..Third GOD has many divine things to do..he has nothing to do about this trading stuff as it is human creation :D

Bottom line

Your words of 4 to 6 weeks sounds like a system seller or super trader..
i myself is not a super trader... shared some thing with the forum which i trade,may not be great system as per your standard, but earning for living with that

Last edited: