General Trading Chat

I am not in that league of making 700-800 % ......When I read some posts in our forum, guys make 80-90 points every day which make me wonder whether they ever have a loosing trade:D.....at that rate they must surely be making 1500 Nifty points in a month....I am nowhere near it so no point entering into competition when there are great traders right in this forum.:)

I do not catch every up/down move, do not catch bottom and the top of every move..and I have my share of loosing trades also.I try to make few points when the set ups are clear also I dont trade with excessively large leverage so difficult to make any grade in competition....

Smart_trade
80/90 points a day, jmd is a good example. I think he is the best day trader on tj, never ever seems to loose. Even on the sideways days he makes decent money. Thanks jmd you contribute a lot on tj, I follow yours and st's posts with keen interest. I wish I could trade as effortlessly as you do.

80/90 points a day, jmd is a good example. I think he is the best day trader on tj, never ever seems to loose. Even on the sideways days he makes decent money. Thanks jmd you contribute a lot on tj, I follow yours and st's posts with keen interest. I wish I could trade as effortlessly as you do.
There must be many I guess in our forum....and Indian Trading League is still larger platform where there must be few hundreds or thousands of great traders.

Smart_trade

lemondew

Today morning I received an email stating pi has been launched by zerodha. Whats your take on stability. Is it as smooth as now and nest trader after all beta testing and bug fixing.

Tlahuicole

There used to be a tournament conducted by futures first called trade mogul, which was to trade on S&P, Oil, Gold and eur-usd. I came 2nd in india in that tournament, they called the top 25 for interview, I got rejected in the interview round, they said I am too old to learn trading and my risk apetite is very small as per their aptitude test but I had taken large risks in the tournament which contradicts themselves. That was two years ago. I came 2nd just by taking huge risks with normal method, but if I had done the same thing with real money results would have been drastic :)

So, any tournament that evaluates you as per return percentage is not a good method of evaluating trading performance as per my view as each person has different risk apetite.

I prefer zerodha 60 day challenge rather which does not rank traders but applauds those who are consistent in their performance by refunding all deducted brokerages.

There used to be a tournament conducted by futures first called trade mogul, which was to trade on S&P, Oil, Gold and eur-usd. I came 2nd in india in that tournament, they called the top 25 for interview, I got rejected in the interview round, they said I am too old to learn trading and my risk apetite is very small as per their aptitude test but I had taken large risks in the tournament which contradicts themselves. That was two years ago. I came 2nd just by taking huge risks with normal method, but if I had done the same thing with real money results would have been drastic :)

So, any tournament that evaluates you as per return percentage is not a good method of evaluating trading performance as per my view as each person has different risk apetite.

I prefer zerodha 60 day challenge rather which does not rank traders but applauds those who are consistent in their performance by refunding all deducted brokerages.
But this Indian Trading League is with real money, real trades so all real performance...yet few may trade with high risk to win competition.

Smart_trade

XRAY27

I am not in that league of making 700-800 % ......When I read some posts in our forum, guys make 80-90 points every day which make me wonder whether they ever have a loosing trade:D.....at that rate they must surely be making 1500 Nifty points in a month....I am nowhere near it so no point entering into competition when there are great traders right in this forum.:)

I do not catch every up/down move, do not catch bottom and the top of every move..and I have my share of loosing trades also.I try to make few points when the set ups are clear also I dont trade with excessively large leverage so difficult to make any grade in competition....

Smart_trade
Rightly said da !!! there are lot of people who claim to be in super success mode..some said we should get trade every day and there is no question of NTD and other suggested me to double the capital every 3 to 4 months..i too cannot compete with this super traders so happy with present broker(not zerodha).. i don't need any certificates had some from Zerodha ...

Last edited: