General Trading Chat

arsh22g

There used to be a tournament conducted by futures first called trade mogul, which was to trade on S&P, Oil, Gold and eur-usd. I came 2nd in india in that tournament, they called the top 25 for interview, I got rejected in the interview round, they said I am too old to learn trading and my risk apetite is very small as per their aptitude test but I had taken large risks in the tournament which contradicts themselves. That was two years ago. I came 2nd just by taking huge risks with normal method, but if I had done the same thing with real money results would have been drastic :)

So, any tournament that evaluates you as per return percentage is not a good method of evaluating trading performance as per my view as each person has different risk apetite.

I prefer zerodha 60 day challenge rather which does not rank traders but applauds those who are consistent in their performance by refunding all deducted brokerages.
ha ha...got reminded of the B-school days when I used to trade 11 hours daily on Trade Moghul:)

And they used to call people with lower ranks too for the interview. I was ranked around 50 (got only a t-shirt :p ), but friends with lower ranks got interview calls. Anyway, its not difficult to get into FF as their test is quite easy if you are quick with basic calculations, I think yours was just the age factor.

ha ha...got reminded of the B-school days when I used to trade 11 hours daily on Trade Moghul:)

And they used to call people with lower ranks too for the interview. I was ranked around 50 (got only a t-shirt ), but friends with lower ranks got interview calls. Anyway, its not difficult to get into FF as their test is quite easy if you are quick with basic calculations, I think yours was just the age factor.
What is the max age they can consider

Regarding trading sometimes it feels people here make up trades (not all but a tiny minority)

arsh22g

What is the max age they can consider

Regarding trading sometimes it feels people here make up trades (not all but a tiny minority)
I am not sure, but inferring from their hiring behaviour, I would say around 26-27. I don't know anyone joining them after this age.
I think it's good as well because mature guys have families to tend to, and FF has a reputation of firing you after 9-12 months if you haven't performed well.

LivetoTrade

Usually the week before expiry, the next month NF would be at a premium of 40-60 points, sometimes even more; this time around, as of EoD June NF has a premium of 19 points only !!!

Tlahuicole

And they used to call people with lower ranks too for the interview. I was ranked around 50 (got only a t-shirt :p ), but friends with lower ranks got interview calls. Anyway, its not difficult to get into FF as their test is quite easy if you are quick with basic calculations, I think yours was just the age factor.
They call to interview based on the no: of trades per day also, they complained to me that I had two trades per day. Also, they preferred people who traded with lvl 2 screens rather than those with charts. Mine as not age factor as I was 26 yrs old when I attended interview. There was some other reason that they didn't say properly :D

But, I saw how the trading floor was, very good :D

They call to interview based on the no: of trades per day also, they complained to me that I had two trades per day. Also, they preferred people who traded with lvl 2 screens rather than those with charts. Mine as not age factor as I was 26 yrs old when I attended interview. There was some other reason that they didn't say properly :D

But, I saw how the trading floor was, very good :D
The amount token on trades/hedges per day depends on the market you trade, the time frame you have charted and the kind of trader you are include the trading system and strategy you use.

So two to four trades/hedges per day can be enough, depending on the above facts, to make more then enough money if the chart from the traded time frame or the used tools play into your hands.

So the comment: They complained about your amount of trades per day would need a deeper explanation or look at and why did this question arise in your situation.

Take care / Dan :)