General Trading Chat

Can you remember still anything about your break even pt in your trading career? How was that? What was that about,, hitting any big fish?? or MM ?? or do or die??
In my case it was a combination....I had made over 100 % profit in a day and also lost 200 % in a day. I had posted in this thread about this crippling loss and that was the turning point ,this loss changed me completely....after that day some 10 years ago I have not even once taken a large loss....small losses I take every day practically...and some big profits also come along which keep me on positive side of the game.

Smart_trade

stock72

No amount of theory and reasoning will help new traders to leave their bad trading habits. It is only few nerve wrecking and career threatening losses they will learn that this is a do or die situation,,,all go through this route...losers quit trading after such crippling losses blaming everyone...winners change their trading habits and go on the road to become winners.

ST
ST ,,
The one change in above post is that it applicable not only to new but to some old traders( now 10 year exp) like me :D

Last edited:
Very honest, smart trade. Kudos.
Thanks.That loss was mind numbing for me as it finished my 2 years steadily built capital in a series of rash trades in a day. I could not sleep for 5 days....and said this is it...no more of such rash trading. I still remember all my rash trades with quantities and prices even after 10 years and I have recovered that loss many many times over. But that was such a powerful lesson that in next 10 years no big loss even once..

ST

ST ,,
The one change in above post is that it applicable not only to new to some old traders( now 10 year exp) like me :D
You have a live stream of petro dollars coming in every month...so you can commit any trading sin...:D Just joking.....

Yes new or old traders both must follow trading practices...old traders follow it out of practice or habit. Market does not descriminate between old and new traders...it gives same treatment to all.

Smart_trade

Dax Devil

Thanks.That loss was mind numbing for me as it finished my 2 years steadily built capital in a series of rash trades in a day. I could not sleep for 5 days....and said this is it...no more of such rash trading. I still remember all my rash trades with quantities and prices even after 10 years and I have recovered that loss many many times over. But that was such a powerful lesson that in next 10 years no big loss even once..

ST
I am with you on that, friend. I think it is very mercyful of life that it sometimes slaps us so hard that we wake up to reality in an instant, and more importantly, it allows to live another day. Something which years of counselling, friendly advice and self help books may not be able to do.

XRAY27

Good one bro:thumb: I guess Manish bro took leave, seeing no posts from him for past 2 days :confused:
Na... Manish is hanging in market..no leave ;):D

15 minute Heineken ashi chart , red vertical line is today start .

isn't it an amazing chart totally smoothed and clear direction?

anybody uses this Heineken ashi? found different smoothed afl's , do not know how to trade using this , any ideas guys?
I used to trade Heinkein Aashi ...green bars are uptrend and red downtrend...if in uptrend, book profit when the next bar fails to make a new high/breaks low of earlier bar ,mirror image for downtrends.

ST

manishchan

Good one bro:thumb: I guess Manish bro took leave, seeing no posts from him for past 2 days :confused:
Na... Manish is hanging in market..no leave ;):D
Avoiding distraction from TJ.. only after market hours :D

It was a crazzy day for me but ended well.. ;)

Got a perfect entry in NF in the morning but coz of silly mistake it hit my TSL by 1 point and then moved :(

then later in the afternoon my laptop, internet, electricity.. all gave up on me (even the back up internet) at once. Was able to come back in after like 2 PM and caught a good move in option..

Last edited: