Free Stock Analysis software with Realtime & EOD Data

sunil saranjame said:
Tnx a lot Siva. I got it at last ! lol
But no real time yet . Any idea ?
Regards,
Sunil Saranjame.
:confused: Try this :- Menu => Window => Open Stock List Window
  1. Add a stock symbol, by Ctrl + N ( eg; Symbol = RELIANCE.NS, DataSource = Yahoo Finance Internet, set the startdate & end date, and refresh setting )
  2. It will appear inthe StockListWindow. Right-Click on it, choose "View", you will get EOD charts.
  3. If you choose "Start Watching" from the right-click menu, you will get Intraday chart & TickerBoard, i am not sure abt realtime. (verified it, quotes & charts are delayed by 15 mins, eventhough i logged on to yahoo india finance)
Follow the same steps to add another symbol

Anyway, for me, index symbols are not working :(

Hope this helps

Regards
Siva

Last edited:
Hi,

Can u guys pls tell me the correct version of JRE for this blogtrader to work properly.

I had 1.5.0_06 and it was not workign properly...Pls also tell me, do I need to make any path settings for JRE....

Thanks and Regards,

Prakash

Hello,
Software is too good infact it's too good.
But I am not able to view real time data? Is the data free or we need to buy...

Milind

Linus

Hi Siva,

Tnx a lot again. Yes I tinkered around and got the real time data also.

Maybe it will take some time to get the hang of it.

Regards,

Sunil Saranjame.

sunil saranjame said:
Hi Siva,

Tnx a lot again. Yes I tinkered around and got the real time data also.

Maybe it will take some time to get the hang of it.

Regards,

Sunil Saranjame.
Can u pls tell me, which JRE u installed, I am not able to run this program....pls help me...

sivavkm said:
Dear hasobha,

Thank you man, this is simply great. Credit is yours, with your permission, i am adding some more info.

Blogtrader link is very slow, at least for me.
And it is redirecting to another link in sourceforge, and here it is :-
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152032

Features :-
  • Indicators: MACD, OBV, ROC, KD, BIAS, DMI, RSI, MTM, WMS, MA, EMA, Bollinger Band, Parabolic SAR, CCI, AR/BR, MFI, Historical Volume Distribution, Zigzag
  • Drawing lines: Line, Parallel, Gann Angle, Fibonacci Period, Fibonacci Retracement, Fibonacci Arcs, Fibonacci Fan Lines, Fibonacci Vertical Retracement, Percent, Periods, Gann Important Periods
  • Retrieve quote data in parallel from Yahoo! Finance, netfonds.se, or CSV files
  • Save quote data to local database (derby, hsqldb)
  • Adjust quote chart for splits and dividents if possibale (Yahoo! quote data only)
  • Daily, Weekly, Monthly charts (Weekly, Monthly data are composed automatically from Daily data)
  • Historical / Intra-Day / Real-Time Chart
  • Real-time Ticker Board
  • Update in Real-time for Daily, Weekly and Monthly charts and indicators according to the newest tickers
  • Multiple quote-charts comparison
  • Candle / Bar / Line
  • Calendar / Trading date view
  • Define indicator's parameters separately for Daily, Weekly and Monthly charts, parameters can be saved as default or apply to all
  • Layered drawings separately for Daily, Weekly and Monthly. Save/Restore drawings
  • Carefully design for writing your own indicator easy, but in java (maybe will support scripts some day)
  • Supports multiple platforms, including windows, linux, macos, solaris, etc. (Java JRE 1.5 required)

Also check out EclipseTrader http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=116488
Almost Similar features, better interface.
  • Realtime Quotes
  • Intraday Charts
  • History Charts
  • Technical Analisys Indicators
  • Price Patterns Detection
  • Financial News
  • Level II (Book) Market Data
  • Trading Accounts Management
  • Integrated Trading

And above all, it is open-sourced.
Both supports NSE thru yahoo.

Regards
Siva
I am unable to download after this link http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152032 . After clicking on the link :blogtrader-bin-1.0.2.zip , it asks to select a mirror . What is this ? Iam totally NEW to this . HELP PLEASE

Purvija99

I am unable to download after this link http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152032 . After clicking on the link :blogtrader-bin-1.0.2.zip , it asks to select a mirror . What is this ? Iam totally NEW to this . HELP PLEASE
Select any mirror site from the list and than after your browser automatically diverted to the blogtrader's programe file. On comletion of download you have to unzip the all files to perticular folder and from folder you have to open the folder named bin and just click on blograder and your programe will start to run. Remember : This programe dont have any installer , you have to only unzip the downloaded files.

Hasobha