Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

AB had just started lagging even after backfill.
That may be the result of two AB instances running. It may happen that RTD doesn't get the open instance of AB and creates another instance AB for backfill.

Close RTDMan and the AB instance that is slow. Press Ctrl+alt+Del to open Windows Taskbar. Kill the Broker.exe process. Thereafter restart RTDMan.

I do not know why that happens.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

ShankarJi/JoshJi/TracerBulletJi/RaghuveerJi,

What should be the Maximum Ceiling for the number of scrips for an Optimum Performance without tantrums .
For deleting data or for live feed? I have seen good performance for 100 scrips at 1 sec refresh period with my excel sheets and RAM drive. RTDMan should do better or at least equal.

Deleting tick data when live feed is running takes long time because of 1 sec refresh. It is better to fill the gaps as narrow as possible when there is network disconnection.

Suppose there is a network disconnect from 13:11:39 to 13:15:42, I do backfill from 13:11:00 to 13:15:59. That way, RTD has to delete data for 39 + 42 seconds only.

For deleting data or for live feed? I have seen good performance for 100 scrips at 1 sec refresh period with my excel sheets and RAM drive. RTDMan should do better or at least equal.

Deleting tick data when live feed is running takes long time because of 1 sec refresh. It is better to fill the gaps as narrow as possible when there is network disconnection.

Suppose there is a network disconnect from 13:11:39 to 13:15:42, I do backfill from 13:11:00 to 13:15:59. That way, RTD has to delete data for 39 + 42 seconds only.

Thank u JoshJi, that covers it - bcos in most of the Reviews of RTDMAN (especially in TRADERJI n MARKETCALLS forums ) v get to read that its not for PROs , its gud for only a limited scrips etc. - But so far i hve found it the best even compared to paid RT data.

Abt the Last part, - i used to do the same but a few times in that process, the entire tick quotes of the day were deleted ,only the backfilled data remained (most probably due to my own fumbling) - so now i rename futures differently while back filling and then MERGE n DELETE them.

Thank u
Shiraj

Raghuveer

can any one help me to install the SW by using Team viewer, thanks
See if these simple steps help...

Download latest version from Josh1's signature. Install using all defaults.

Help file "Tutorial.chm" will be installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\RTD" or other path if you changed it.
As per help file:
-you may or may not install RAMDISK during initial phase as per your comfort level. RAMDISK is only for speed and can be installed later after other settings are ok.
-make some very simple changes in your terminal Market Watch Columns etc.
Market Watch Columns – following columns must be present
Trading Symbol . Exchange .Series/Expiry . Instrument Name .Symbol .Option Type .Strike Price

VWAP Statistics Column
"Start Time","Open Rate","High Rate","Low Rate","Close Rate","Differential Vol"

DataTable Column order is very important to get proper backfill from Data Table
Scrip Name, "Date Time","Open,"High","Low","Close","Volume"
Start NOW/NEST.

Start RTD app and make changes in settings: "Rename Future as" to _F1 or whatever you normally use, "Plus chart Open" to "No". Leave rest of settings as is.
Click Save.
Close RTD app (Do not start real time feed or backfill).

Start RTD app. If Amibroker is not already open, it will be opened.
Click on "NEST Plus" radio button. Verify that ALL scrips in Market Watch are present in RTD. Select scrips you want to backfill/feed RT data.
Click "Start RTD".
Amibroker will now show real time charts.

If you get any errors or not working as expected please post images of:
-terminal including: terminal window title, Market Watch Columns
-RTD settings
-RTD
-any error messages.

Last edited:

Raghuveer

View attachment 20211 when i open the RTD I get this from amibroker what could be the reason
See above post. http://www.traderji.com/intraday/82...hoo-amibroker-fcharts-ms-228.html#post1049293

Start RTD app and make changes in settings: "Rename Future as" to _F1 or whatever you normally use, "Plus chart Open" to "No". Leave rest of settings as is.
Click Save.

Click on "NEST Plus" radio button. Verify that ALL scrips in Market Watch are present in RTD. Select scrips you want to backfill/feed RT data.
Click "Start RTD".

View attachment 20211 when i open the RTD I get this from amibroker what could be the reason
See above post. http://www.traderji.com/intraday/82...hoo-amibroker-fcharts-ms-228.html#post1049293

Click Save.

Click "Start RTD".

Pls dont Forget one most important Preliminary Step advised by JoshJi (especially in the situations of Blank Amibroker instance like above ) :-
Press Ctrl+alt+Del (or right click on task bar) & open Task Manager, click on PROCESSES tab and then Find & Select & Kill/End the process named BROKER.EXE.
Close the TaskManager window and then follow the Steps suggested above by Raghuveer bro.

Thank U

NJ23

Last edited:

Pls dont Forget one most important Preliminary Step advised by JoshJi (especially in the situations of Blank Amibroker instance like above ) :-
Press Ctrl+alt+Del (or right click on task bar) & open Task Manager, click on PROCESSES tab and then Find & Select & Kill/End the process named BROKER.EXE.
Close the TaskManager window and then follow the Steps suggested above by Raghuveer bro.

Thank U
Hi Shiraj,

I need some help to understand what went wrong with my RTD. I had downloaded the RTD_Installer.exe from "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B76gRVAJlKl3a2xuNFhLYU5QNlU&usp=sharing" and installed. After installing I made the changes in the "setting.in" to add my scrips for “ABIRLANUVO-EQ” . The confusion was what the order of columns should be. Because in the setting.in file the samples given are in the form like :- “Scrip1=mcx_fo|ALUMINIUM15JANFUT;ALUMINIUM15JANFUT;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest”. But in the rtd.format its “FORMAT Ticker, Date_YMD, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, OpenInt” . So I tried putting the scrips in “setting.in” in both way’s ie
Scrip1=nse_cm|ABIRLANUVO-EQ;ABIRLANUVO;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest and
Scrip1=nse_cm|ABIRLANUVO-EQ; YMD, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, OpenInt.
But both didn’t work. When opening RTD by just double click it shows the error ”Trading symbol must be present”. When opening RTD as “Run as Administrator” it shows the error “Exchange must be present”.The symbol “ABIRLANUVO-EQ” is present in the Nest Terminal. Attached are the 3 screen shot.
Pls help out to me where I am wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.