Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy downloader)

murthymsr

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

Dear Hemen,

Thanks very much for the GetBhavCopy and particularly the latest version, which overcomes the problem of display resolution / Text size.

I particularly like the delivery volumes and the provision to get NSE and BSE indice. I am interested in NSE stocks only. The sectorial indice of BSE and sensex are very useful too as sensex is more popular than the Nifty and similarly the sectorial indice for evaluating the sectorial performance as similar indice are not available in NSE . For the sake of BSE sectorial indice and sensex , I am required to download and update my database with with the additional 3000 BSE stocks also. This makes the database very large and unmanageable.

Similarly some people interested in BSE may like to have NSE indice also for similar reasons.

So, I request you to provide under the NSE option the sub-option to include BSE indice also into the same NSE downloaded file. Similarly, in the BSE market option to include the NSE Indice.

Hope you will fine this request worthy of inclusion in your next revision.

Thanks in advance.

murthymsr

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

Hello friends,

After the success of Getbhavcopy version 1.0 to 1.4.1 I am releasing the next version of Getbhavcopy.

This is a major version update to 2.0, rather than to version 1.5, because of the following reasons:

• Added BSE EOD and Indices data download facility
  • Added NSE Open Interest (i.e. Deliverable Quantity) data download facility for all Equity stocks
  • Added series parsing options to download equity data other then 'EQ' series
  • Download equity symbols for all NSE Indices. Earlier versions supported Nifty and Nifty Junior only
  • Calculate volume for all NSE Indices. Earlier versions supported Nifty and Nifty Junior only
  • Complete redesign using Object Oriented concepts. Complete rewrite of the code.
  • The redesign will help in faster addition of new features.

Overview:

Following data can be downloaded using Getbhavcopy:

Download Getbhavcopy:

Get it from Download Getbhavcopy (Free NSE BSE Bhavcopy downloader)

If you like it, please provide your thanks.

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen.
"Objet reference not set to an instance of object" This error comes each time i use the utility V2.0 Unhandled exceptional error. Pls provide the solution for this. I m using 3.5 .Net framwork also.

Barjiz,

Can you please post the exception log? If i see the exception i ca get an idea.

Regards,
Hemen

hi heman
ver 2 not working man
following error on
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
at Getbhavcopy.NSEClasses.NSEIndicesDataDownloader.DownloadIndexData()
at Getbhavcopy.GlobalClasses.Iterator.Iterate() in C:\Hemen\MyDocs\Projects\Getbhavcopy_v2\Getbhavcopy_v2\GlobalClasses\Iterator.cs:line 96
at Getbhavcopy.Form1.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Hemen\MyDocs\Projects\Getbhavcopy_v2\Getbhavcopy_v2\Form1.cs:line 204
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MC
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a

hi hemen, how do I fix the following error? I followed the steps as on the website but to no avail i end up with this problem instead.

Logging started for 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\NSE DATA\NSE\2009-01-28-NSE-EQ.txt' file, using format definition file 'Formats\default.format'
Error in line 3IINFOTECH,20090128,32.5,34.6,32.5,33.35,1217957,712799
Invalid date format/value

hi hemen, how do I fix the following error? I followed the steps as on the website but to no avail i end up with this problem instead.

Logging started for 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\NSE DATA\NSE\2009-01-28-NSE-EQ.txt' file, using format definition file 'Formats\default.format'
Error in line 3IINFOTECH,20090128,32.5,34.6,32.5,33.35,1217957,712799
Invalid date format/value
Hi deuce,

I believe you are not doing something with the information provided with the Getbhavcopy Format as mentioned in Importing NSE and BSE Getbhavcopy data into Amibroker.

The error indicates that it is trying to import the data using the default format file, whereas you need to create a new getbhavcopy format for proper import.

Regards,
Hemen
Getbhavcopy: Indian stock data downloader FREE

I have a problem with Bhavcopy

Hi,

I recently got the Amibroker standard edition software, and i tried to Import EOD vales of the BSE scripts. I did it in the exact way as mentioned in the Bhavcopy website, but i am unable to import the Scripts EOD values. Can any one help me in this, Please.

Regards,
Phanindra.Y

Re: I have a problem with Bhavcopy

Can you please provide some details about the issue at hand? Please provide some technical details about the issue so that I can have a better understanding and provide you the solution.

-Hemen
www.getbhavcopy.com

Hello Heman,

thanks for the reply. my problem with Bhavcopy is I downloaded the EODvalues from the Bhavcopy software, & tried to import the vales in to the amibroker. I added the "getbhavcpoy.format" in the "Import format file". but when i am selecting to import as "file type getbhavcopy.txt" from the drop downdown menu it's not showing anything. So i am unable to import the files. Once again thanks for the support.

regards,
Phanindra