Free database and downloader for Indian Stocks

Re: Need Smart Downloader

Hi mysteriousgia,
I had also the same problem. The smart downloader will be there in the machine after you executed it. You just go to metastock and press the downloader button. From there you just press file-New-security which asks you to give the symbol which you can get in Yahoo.finance. After that you go to Tools-download prices. It asks for the registration for which you have to give details of you. You will get a code in your email id and you have to fill the code in down load prices window after that it connects to Reuters and gets the quote prices. Or you can read the help file of smartdownloader & you can follow it. About three months back I had down loaded the smart downloader. But due to the confusion I was not able to set it. NOw I am getting the end of the day quotes. I do not know how to set it for the intraday data.
Thanking you
gvnarendra

Last edited:
amar said:
I have some historical datas, the smsrt downloader recognise it but cannot update it. Please help !!!! :confused:
Hi amar,
I think you are using the smartdown loader downloaded in 2004. I hope you will have to redownload the same, suitable for 2005 from hypertrader and once again load it to your computer.
gvnarendra

paularanha said:
please explain about metastock and eod
Hi paularanha,
Metastock is a software where you can analyse the market technically using end of the day data (EOD) and intraday datas. You can get a good description of Metastock in www.equis.com. In this forum also you can search for good articles about it
gvnarendra

gvnarendra said:
Hi amar,
I think you are using the smartdown loader downloaded in 2004. I hope you will have to redownload the same, suitable for 2005 from hypertrader and once again load it to your computer.
gvnarendra
hi gvn,
Thanks for the reply, but I downloaded the the smart downloader 7 days ago and my datas are last updated in 27/1/2005. The downloader recognises the symbols but quotes are not updated. I got the historical datas from a disk of viratech. Please help me :confused: :confused: :confused:

amar said:
hi gvn,
Thanks for the reply, but I downloaded the the smart downloader 7 days ago and my datas are last updated in 27/1/2005. The downloader recognises the symbols but quotes are not updated. I got the historical datas from a disk of viratech. Please help me :confused: :confused: :confused:
Hi Amar,
I think you have not put the symbols correctly. You have to visit the below mentioned link to get the correct symbols, you have to write the symbols in the down load prices window in metastock downloader. After that only it can down load the prices. The smart down loader can not recognise the viratech's symbols.
http://in.finance.yahoo.com/m7

gvnarendra said:
Hi Amar,
I think you have not put the symbols correctly. You have to visit the below mentioned link to get the correct symbols, you have to write the symbols in the down load prices window in metastock downloader. After that only it can down load the prices. The smart down loader can not recognise the viratech's symbols.
http://in.finance.yahoo.com/m7
Hi Gvn,
Thanks a lot for the info...................
Amar