Forex from scratch --a helping hand from pipshower...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky_ag

well apna apna thinking,i think that big money is made by sitting tight that is by earning trends...not small chips...
Well then I suppose then u dont realize wat fixed income arbitrage or tape reading or order flow trading is? do you?

:argue:what? you want your winning worth so that you can wave off n tell to others..n get awards for it? huh?
dude here our hard earned money is at stake..nobody wants to lose..and don't compare entertainment and business:mad:
First you shud calm down. I don't think reading between the lines is a gift bestowed to you.

Heard of hedging , have you? Hedging/Grid trading in a "long term" is quite profitable but that is not something u shud try. Winning is there but not worth it.

well go back and see what have you written,
you said,"What if many of my trades hit SL after I take the first half at little profit.?"

i replied to this statement that if your stops are getting hit many times then you should check your system,that is the meaning of it...
Well , my bad, it looks like I got that wrong. Apologies.

are you out of your mind????...it is all about risk which i am telling from beginning...so why would i not realize the risk i am taking when starting trade or taking profits...check your senses before annoying someone like this....!
Not only you need a lesson in reading between the lines but a lesson in English too.
Before trying to get to check my senses get an English dictionary and look up the word "realization".

I am not talking abt this :

2. coming to understand something clearly and distinctly; "a growing realization of the risk involved"; "a sudden recognition of the problem he faced"; "increasing recognition that diabetes frequently coexists with other chronic diseases" [syn: realization]

I am talking abt this:
3. a sale in order to obtain money (as a sale of stock or a sale of the estate of a bankrupt person) or the money so obtained [syn: realization]

Lifted from:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/realisation

If it is too hard for you let me explain in vernacular words "when the trade hits your Profit point" you have realized your profit.

And looks like you dint read the lines at the end of my post. All these are IMWO (in my worthless opinion) aka these dont have value and shudnt be taken at their face value. After all, I dont have much experience in forex like you and others do

@vicky_ag

I thought the meaning of realize is "knowing" the risk you are taking(sorry about that...)
but even after reading the actual meaning i am still not able to get what you are trying to say in that statement!

and i know what hedge fund means and how to earn through it, and who uses it..

i think we are talking about money management for traders here...not institutional strategies

and why winning is not worth it in hedging?..u know trend lasts for months in forex, so anyone can take advantage of hedging as well as trend with proper timings...

vicky_ag

@vicky_ag

I thought the meaning of realize is "knowing" the risk you are taking(sorry about that...)
but even after reading the actual meaning i am still not able to get what you are trying to say in that statement!

i think we are talking about money management for traders here...not institutional strategies

and why winning is not worth it in hedging?..u know trend lasts for months in forex, so anyone can take advantage of hedging as well as trend with proper timings...
Ok let me put it this way. If..let me put this clear, If.. you have 1:1 RR:

Then say you bought 0.1 lot at hypothetical Pair: 1.4500 with tgt as 1.4700 and SL 1.4300. The 2000 pips gap on 1 lot is say 2% of ur risk. So, I stand to lose 2000 if it goes wrong, and stand to win 2000 if correct.

Now, half the way I close my trade at 1.4600. I made: 0.05*1000 = 500 dollars.

And then my TP is taken out: 0.05 * 2000 = 1000

Total made: 1500
Risk: 2000

RR gone from 1:1 to 0.75. Kapish?

Grid trading is also not worth mentioning here , they are complex mathematical methods to trade. But, if you wanna know what they are, check google. (Just to remind you, hedge funds - funds that take money and give some return, hedging - to do something so that you are fully aware of the outcome of ur trade ) . I just hope you dont get annoyed after reading this. As, always this is IMWO.

@vicky_ag

i think you missing the point here,

consider the example i given before my target was more than 200 pips and my hypothetical stop was at 40 pips away which naturally make the RR 1:5,
so if first half is exited at 40 pips and another at say 200 then it makes..
(200+40)/2=120 which is 3 times initial risk...

but lets forget that, in my money management strategy its clearly stated that
if a trade is too costly then avoid it no matter how good that setup is
that means i will trade only when RR is more than 1:3!

n thanks for teaching the meaning of "fund" :confused:

vicky_ag

@vicky_ag

i think you missing the point here,

consider the example i given before my target was more than 200 pips and my hypothetical stop was at 40 pips away which naturally make the RR 1:5,
so if first half is exited at 40 pips and another at say 200 then it makes..
(200+40)/2=120 which is 3 times initial risk...

but lets forget that, in my money management strategy its clearly stated that
if a trade is too costly then avoid it no matter how good that setup is
that means i will trade only when RR is more than 1:3!

n thanks for teaching the meaning of "fund" :confused:
In that case, I bow to you. First man ever I met who has all his trades more than 1:3. Jai Ho!!!!

For a normal everyday trader like me..even a 1:1 is too gud. So, wud you term it as too costly as per your definition ?

And Sushant, you need to practice "pay attention to post details before saying something" .

My hedge fund definition was response to this:

Did I mention any hedge funds in the post you referenced? I think not..read it again.

And hey, my time on TJ is over. So cya later. :)

In that case, I bow to you. First man ever I met who has all his trades more than 1:3. Jai Ho!!!!

For a normal everyday trader like me..even a 1:1 is too gud. So, wud you term it as too costly as per your definition ?

And Sushant, you need to practice "pay attention to post details before saying something" .

My hedge fund definition was response to this:

Did I mention any hedge funds in the post you referenced? I think not..read it again.

And hey, my time on TJ is over. So cya later. :)
whatever u say is right, and i am wrong on all times
happy now??:annoyed:
no point in talking with u....
should not have replied to u at first place itself....

While comparing two R:R ratios there are two points that I think of,

e.g. 1:2 and 1:5 ratios

1. Same amount of money at risk is producing more profit in 1:5 MM.

2. Stops are more likely to hit when we are using 1:5 than 1:2.

For newbies obviously.

Hello Everyone,
whats going on VICKY and SUSHANT?
We are not here to fight ... This life is too small to waste our valuable time fighting...
So dont do it..Every thing has two sides just like markets up or down ..{third one is sideways ..aka neutral..;)}

So i would say both of you are good contributors over traderji and i highly respect that ..Dont fight and keep contributing..keep the debate healthy on topic and not fierce to personal level..
Make friends not enemies!

I humbly request you to get Get back to trading! and keep contributing the healthy way !

Keep rocking!:clap:

Regards
Pipshower

vicky_ag

Hello Everyone,
whats going on VICKY and SUSHANT?
We are not here to fight ... This life is too small to waste our valuable time fighting...
So dont do it..Every thing has two sides just like markets up or down ..{third one is sideways ..aka neutral..;)}

So i would say both of you are good contributors over traderji and i highly respect that ..Dont fight and keep contributing..keep the debate healthy on topic and not fierce to personal level..
Make friends not enemies!

I humbly request you to get Get back to trading! and keep contributing the healthy way !

Keep rocking!:clap:

Regards
Pipshower
Pip

Totally endorse your views.

Any luck on reading the order flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.