Fixing the first bar of the day as the first bar on Amibroker chart

TraderGYO

Hello, I trying to do this for a long time but have not been able to do it. I am posting this after unsuccessfully searching the internet.

I want to fix the "first bar of the day" on the left hand side like the picture below and to have the new bars get added to it on the right side. So that the whole chart of the current trading day should be visible and all the previous day's bar should not be in sight.

By pressing the "end key" the bars can be pushed to left side but as the new bars gets added to it the the first bars disappears to the left. Also as I scroll through a list of different symbols, the "end key" method is impractical. By changing the symbols the bar location gets resets each time.

I thought that if I adjust the number of blank bars(http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2014/11/05/how-to-adjust-the-number-of-blank-bars-in-right-margin/) on the right hand side so that the number of blank bars is reduced by 1 each time a new bar is added then it will work. But I, with insufficient programming knowledge, have unable to do so. Can somebody help please?

BNF 2.PNG

Last edited:

mohan.sic

Have no idea on this and hopefully u should get help...

If what you need is, to view the current price candle in relation to Open candle during live market , you may instead try for a code which plots horizontal lines at OHLC levels of the first candle. Try this if your requirement is not met.

TraderGYO

Have no idea on this and hopefully u should get help...

If what you need is, to view the current price candle in relation to Open candle during live market , you may instead try for a code which plots horizontal lines at OHLC levels of the first candle. Try this if your requirement is not met.
Thank you but that is not what I need. I just want the first bar of the day to start from the left side and latter bars added to the chart on the right without pushing the prior bars off screen.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Simply, the whole chart should be visible at any point of time ?
No Not the Entire Chart/DataBase.
Only the "whole of today/last day bars".
His requirenent is:
Starting from the 1st bar of the last day/current day , the "whole of the current day" should be visible along with a few "future/right extended Blank Bars".
Even as the current live bars progress to the last bar of the current day , the first bar of the current day should not disappear to the left of the chart.

" Adjusting Zoom & Height " as the day progresses is the primary option , but he is looking for a auto/dynamic adjustment of chart zoom thru AFL.

TraderGYO

No Not the Entire Chart/DataBase.
Only the "whole of today/last day bars".
His requirenent is:
Starting from the 1st bar of the last day/current day , the "whole of the current day" should be visible along with a few "future/right extended Blank Bars".
Even as the current live bars progress to the last bar of the current day , the first bar of the current day should not disappear to the left of the chart.

" Adjusting Zoom & Height " as the day progresses is the primary option , but he is looking for a auto/dynamic adjustment of chart zoom thru AFL.
This is exactly I am trying to do but have failed spectacularly.
I thought blank bars might help me in this but that may not be the case, there can be other ways to do it.

I doubt this is possible, as amibroker don't expose any api for scrolling or positioning of viewport, there is another way which probably can help you achieve the same results. What u do is, create straight horizontal lines emanating from high/low ( or whatever) of first candle..and they will be available throughout the day..even if first candle moves outside viewport.

TraderGYO

I doubt this is possible, as amibroker don't expose any api for scrolling or positioning of viewport, there is another way which probably can help you achieve the same results. What u do is, create straight horizontal lines emanating from high/low ( or whatever) of first candle..and they will be available throughout the day..even if first candle moves outside viewport.
Thank you for your reply. I am chart trader, candle going outside of the view is an option for me. However if I can shade previous day's chart may be that will probably be the best possible solution at this point.

Last edited: