Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

candle

Dear Sir,

This is regarding the value of perquisites.

As Fringe benefit tax had been abolished by SC, value of perquisites are being added to gross salary by the employer in order to calculate the income tax liability.

I am working in a PSU, am provided a non-furnished accommodation from my employer for which I am paying license fee and also I have to loose my HRA due to company provided accommodation. I am living in a metro.

My querry is that -" do I need to add 15% of my salary to my gross income in order to calculate my income tax liability ( as the value of perquisites)?"

What I believe is that - " Since I am giving up my HRA ( 30% of basic) and paying license fee for the non-furnished accommodation I have got, it will not be considered as rent free accommodation. Hence 15% amount should Not be added to my salary to calculate the income tax." I don't know my understanding is right or not.

Kindly guide.

regards

Yes he can. I dont think there is any restrictive clause in service conditions for government employment for this.
Income from derivatives falls under Business Income and a Govt. employee is restricted to do business in their service conditions. Hence, the confusion that a Govt. employee can trade derivatives or not.

canikhil

Kindly do not confuse between the tax treatment of an income and the realities of the world. The service conditions do not restrict investments in stock markets. The tax treatment has no role to play here.

Kindly do not confuse between the tax treatment of an income and the realities of the world. The service conditions do not restrict investments in stock markets. The tax treatment has no role to play here.
Off-course the service conditions do not restrict investment in stock market but service conditions do not allow non-delivery based trading and trading in derivatives falls under non-delivery trade.