Finvasia

Finvasia

Hi traderniftybull, Please find the answers below:

Do you provide relief in margin amount, on a spread in commodities.
Yes as per exchange!

Suppose (for example purpose), an amount of 4000 is required for positional and 1500 for intraday, as margin money, for CrudeM.
If I hold some Crude Puts, will I get a relief in margin money in buying futures (NRML not MIS), If yes then how much I have to pay for 1 lot of CrudeM.
For Positional trade (NRML) you have to pay premium of option + 1000 margin for 1 lot CrudeoilM.
For Intraday (MIS) you have to pay premium of option + 500 margin for 1 lot CrudeoilM. Please note at the time of placing order you need to have margin for both. After hedging both positions, the margin shall be auto released to trade more.

Please explain, in detail, with an example, if possible

Thanks.
Example:- if you buy 1 lot Crude Future (say, Total Margin required =Rs 38000)
Buy CRUDEOIL OPTION 4900 PE @106 Total Premium = Rs 10600
After position is hedged, total margin blocked shall be Rs 22000/-

Thanks

Finvasia

Hi Traderniftybull,

@ Finvasia

- I want to know that, commodity options of MCX are anyway different (in risk treatment) from index/stock options of NSE
- AFAIK, a broker concern is for future trades only (as future trades are done on margin provided by a client) for loss upto a certain limit, fixed by a broker.
- Do you also concern with the option holding (buy side only, no writing) of a client for his losses and include such options also for your RMS
In case of Buy side Option : Say, with opening balance of 1 L you buy Options 60K and 40 K in Future. So, once you reached 80% of Future position, system shall close Futures. Your Buy Option position shall remain intact.

Currently, MIS is blocked in MCX MIS Options till volume picks up.

- Last but not the least, can you please mention your normal conditions for auto square off of trades at your end (obviously in case of loss) with respect to margin or otherwise and what sort of trades are included in it

Thanks
All MIS auto square timings are as per schedule. Regarding loss based Auto Sq, system shall close all positions once you have reached 80% of your MTM losses (Futures & Options Sell).

Thanks

Finvasia

Finvasia,
I am interested in opening an account but I have a few questions.
Hi ohenry, Please find the answers to your questions below in the reply

Do you have Basket order facilities. If yes , then on which platforms (Now, Nest etc ) .
Yes, Bracket Order is available in NEST, SCALPERT & Fox Trader .

What is the square off timing for intra day orders.
Square off timing for intra day orders are - Cash Segment : 3.20 PM and FO : 3.25 PM , CDS : 4:45 PM Cross Currency : 7 PM , & MCX : 11.15 PM

Do you charge brokerage for auto square off?
We do not charge any brokerage.

Thanks

@Finvasia

- What is exchange short margin or short margin (in MCX). How it is calculated. Is it calculated on the opening balance of the day or closing balance. And how does it happens, when you block required margin, while taking the trade and will not release till trade is not closed .
- When the margin blocked for a trade is released.
- How do I know, how much margin has been blocked for a future trade and if the whole margin is released or not, after squaring off the trade.
- Suppose I had 10 lots (NRML) of crude mini at the closing bell on 28.5 and suppose 40000 (4000 per lot) has been blocked on 28.5, then how this amount will reflect in next day (of 29.5) in RMS view. and if next day (29.5) I square off 2 lots each 4 times (total 8 lots), then how much margin will remain blocked on closing bell. Does profit or loss of the day has a say in margin blockage of 29.5.

Thanks

Hi traderniftybull, Please find the answers below:

Yes as per exchange!

For Positional trade (NRML) you have to pay premium of option + 1000 margin for 1 lot CrudeoilM.
For Intraday (MIS) you have to pay premium of option + 500 margin for 1 lot CrudeoilM. Please note at the time of placing order you need to have margin for both. After hedging both positions, the margin shall be auto released to trade more.

Example:- if you buy 1 lot Crude Future (say, Total Margin required =Rs 38000)
Buy CRUDEOIL OPTION 4900 PE @106 Total Premium = Rs 10600
After position is hedged, total margin blocked shall be Rs 22000/-

Thanks
In the example cited by you above, if I close my 4900 put first then total margin will be blocked (immediately) for 1 lot Crude Future. No relief. Am I right.

@ Finvasia
Waited for your reply to my queries. Anyway,
One more practical query, asked by a friend of mine.

Suppose I have some puts (MCX) bought after paying full amount on day 1. And now if I square off my trade (in part or in full) on day 2, does there any reason for me to face margin shortage problem.

Will be thankful, if you please mention all sort of trades, that may face short margin problem

Finvasia

Hi traderniftybull,

- What is exchange short margin or short margin (in MCX). How it is calculated. Is it calculated on the opening balance of the day or closing balance. And how does it happens, when you block required margin, while taking the trade and will not release till trade is not closed .
Short Margin reporting is calculated in MCX on opening balance. If client gets loss during the day, it is considered as well.
For example Margin 10000/- - used margin Rs 9500/- MTM loss Rs 1500/- Short Margin – Rs 1000/-

- When the margin blocked for a trade is released.
After closing the position and/or if cient gets profit, same is added.

- How do I know, how much margin has been blocked for a future trade and if the whole margin is released or not, after squaring off the trade.
During market hours, you can see the margin once you have placed the order in RMS Limit View. It has all the details. After market, Margin Details shown in margin file if position square off in profit then MTM add & If MTM loss occur Then it come in margin used.

- Suppose I had 10 lots (NRML) of crude mini at the closing bell on 28.5 and suppose 40000 (4000 per lot) has been blocked on 28.5, then how this amount will reflect in next day (of 29.5) in RMS view. and if next day (29.5) I square off 2 lots each 4 times (total 8 lots), then how much margin will remain blocked on closing bell. Does profit or loss of the day has a say in margin blockage of 29.5. Thanks
RMS VIEW - MARGIN – RS 40000/- Used margin Rs 40000/- @ 28.50 (10 lot)

If 8 lot square off @ 29.50
AVAILABLE MARGIN – RS 32000 /- plus 80 (MTM profit of 8 Lots) since used margin Rs 8000/- for 2 open lots.

Thanks

Finvasia

@ Finvasia
Waited for your reply to my queries. Anyway,
One more practical query, asked by a friend of mine.

Suppose I have some puts (MCX) bought after paying full amount on day 1. And now if I square off my trade (in part or in full) on day 2, does there any reason for me to face margin shortage problem.

Will be thankful, if you please mention all sort of trades, that may face short margin problem
Hi traderniftybull, Option Buying is based on credit balance. If a client buys option 1st day & sells on the 2nd day, client will not face short margin. Thanks