pasha

Hi Pankaj,
>So the best course would have been to copy the patch to the programme folder.<
Yes, i always do this.

The folders created are
\BIN
\Indices
\Temp
Created the other folders as advised by you and the app starts now. I don't want to d/l from BSE or NSE during market hours, so will do it this evening.

pkjha30

Hi Pankaj,
>So the best course would have been to copy the patch to the programme folder.<
Yes, i always do this.

The folders created are
\BIN
\Indices
\Temp
Created the other folders as advised by you and the app starts now. I don't want to d/l from BSE or NSE during market hours, so will do it this evening.
Hi pasha

If you have just copied the exe file without the previous setup, do check if unzip32.dll is present in your system folder or in programme folder and properly registered. This is required to unzip bse downloads and in its absence you will get errors abt unzip. Go through previous posts as to how to register it or from where to get it, incase needed. It is also available in my briefcase folder at rediffmail.com.

Also check if bsesymbollist.txt is in BIN folder(size 199kb or more) This is required for compatibility with proper bse symbols used for yahoo and charting. The programme will function without it but truncated company names will be taken which may not be standard.

Doing setup and patching the exe only avoids all these minor issues.

Do tell me , if any more problems are noticed.

If you are clear ,I can say that it works on WIN ME also:)
Pankaj:)

Hi Pankaj,
I have downloaded your downlload and convert software version 1.0.06.It is working fine. It is a wonderful software. I congratulate you for that. It is a very useful software. I am facing some problem in convert module. I have downloaded the derivatives historical data from nse. and converted it to amibroker format which I use. The converted files are created monthwise seperately. When I open it in Amibroker only one month's datas are displayed at a time. I would like to see the datas of 1st monthfuture continuosly. what adjustment in your convert module should be made so that I can get the datas continuosly. Thanking you.
gvnarendra

pkjha30

Hi Pankaj,
I have downloaded your downlload and convert software version 1.0.06.It is working fine. It is a wonderful software. I congratulate you for that. It is a very useful software. I am facing some problem in convert module. I have downloaded the derivatives historical data from nse. and converted it to amibroker format which I use. The converted files are created monthwise seperately. When I open it in Amibroker only one month's datas are displayed at a time. I would like to see the datas of 1st monthfuture continuosly. what adjustment in your convert module should be made so that I can get the datas continuosly. Thanking you.
gvnarendra
Hi gvnarendra

Thanks .

The conversion of F&O data was based on Pasha's feedback in another thread.What you are telling is not very difficult to do but I have no Idea abt how TA software processes data for F&O. If you could elaborate a little more I can add relevant functions.

Hi gvnarendra

Thanks .

The conversion of F&O data was based on Pasha's feedback in another thread.What you are telling is not very difficult to do but I have no Idea abt how TA software processes data for F&O. If you could elaborate a little more I can add relevant functions.

Hi pankaj,
I was not able to understand how it arranges the datas. So if I am able to understand it I will post the feedback. Thank you anyway for the beautiful software.
gvnarendra

pkjha30

Hi pankaj,
I was not able to understand how it arranges the datas. So if I am able to understand it I will post the feedback. Thank you anyway for the beautiful software.
gvnarendra
Hi gvnarendra

What I will do is to provide option to record data in options / futures file for all available dates so that all records are listed in one file for viewing in TA software. This will be in addition to the existing process.If it works then let me know.

expect patch -7 by sunday.

Thanks for the compliment on its beauty:D

Hi Pankaj,
First of all thanks for doing en excellent software for free. I vebeen searching for utilities for datamanagement for f charts .But most of the time there was some problem and i had to drop the quest in between until I found out ur ECOD DOWNLOADER which was working well for me about down downloading BSE data. Even data extractor 2 is also really good and fast but the problem is i can't get any bse data in that ( mind that i am a novisse in this field)
But I have a problem after downloading the data for FCHART through EOD CONVERTER MY CHART HAS SOME DAY'S PRICES LOOKS VERY FAR AWAY FROM THE REMAINING (ATTACHING THE PIC) May be i am doing some thing wrong in importing the data to Fchart. Can you help me to "tame" this stray price bars? your help will be really appreciated.
Thank you
Alleppian

Attachments

hi, i ran the setup file.first it was the version 1.0.it always asks to update with 1.0.6 download some file in temp dir but never updates it with that. it always keep on asking to update. finally it is giving run-time error 339 and saying MSMAPI32.OCX OR ONE OF ITS DEPENDENCIES NOT CORRECTLY REGISTERD message coming. how to proceed hlp.rajneesh

well thanks,
copying update in program files sorted problem.
no doubt! best seen till now? thanks.
well few suggestions which i hope every member will like
1. FUTSTK,XX0JETAIRWAYSSep06,5-SEP-2006,555,561.9,547.25,554.2,554.2,2906,3222.78,1484600,28800,
this XX0 before every script is useless as well as annoying.it is requested to remove this from conversion.
2. mention of month in suffix is useless.instead i,ii,iii can be used as suffix for in india only three month options are available.this will hlp in managing symbols in any database for analysis purpose.this is the same format which bse-nse group is using.this will aalso make data more consistent and usable.
3. for options instead of CA1380HDFCNov06 format HDFCCA1380-I,II.III FORMAT will give a giant leap in usability.again this format will reduce redundant useless ticker symbols.
any way thanks & hoping for a early improvement in software.
rajneesh

pkjha30

Hi Pankaj,
First of all thanks for doing en excellent software for free. I vebeen searching for utilities for datamanagement for f charts .But most of the time there was some problem and i had to drop the quest in between until I found out ur ECOD DOWNLOADER which was working well for me about down downloading BSE data. Even data extractor 2 is also really good and fast but the problem is i can't get any bse data in that ( mind that i am a novisse in this field)
But I have a problem after downloading the data for FCHART through EOD CONVERTER MY CHART HAS SOME DAY'S PRICES LOOKS VERY FAR AWAY FROM THE REMAINING (ATTACHING THE PIC) May be i am doing some thing wrong in importing the data to Fchart. Can you help me to "tame" this stray price bars? your help will be really appreciated.
Thank you
Alleppian

Hi Alleppian

Thanks for feedback .I would request you to attach the original datafile as converted through EODConvert.I will study it with reference to my file to find the anomaly will be rectified.