EOD Download/ Convert from NSE and BSE

pkjha30

Hi
I have sent mail

Updated Application.ini file(BIN.zip) is given here as attachment.
Update should be automatic on clicking check update menu in Help.So if future you can check from the program itself if new version is made available.It will automatically download and unzip in the application folder.If there is a problem let me know.

please check if dates are correctly interpreted.

There are no additional requirement.

Do Check and give feedback.
Pankaj

Last edited:

murthymsr

hi pankaj and others,

this post is to set straight an earlier post (#87 in this thread) by me.

quote:
2) in the year part, sometimes the century is shown and some other times not shown. ( i couldn't understand the logic though)
:unquote

this is a wrong observation. data format of NSE bhav copy is consistent.
the leading zero's in the date part are suppressed, but the yearpart always containing the 'yyyy' format.

i came to the wrong observation as i have earlier set EXCEL to open csv files, which was, when saved to excel format was playing with the dates. now the CSV file association with eXCEL is removed and now i can see ALL the yyyy in 4 digits. (Now i use CSVED - refer to my post in 'My Non-Trading Software' thread - to view the contents of csv & other files.

Hi pankaj,

Pankaj, Thanks for your prompt, detailed and educative response (#88 in this thread).

I use foxpro for the stock screener, for which the default century is 19XX. (Please don't laugh, i too belong to those times.) :D

I am not familiar with VB (just know to the extent required by a user.)

thanks again for the prompt responses and support.

murthymsr

pkjha30

hi Murthy

You are always welcome.
In fact foxpro is one of the robust programming language I have ever seen.unfortunately Microsoft stopped supporting it. Now they have also discontinued Visual basic line of products and instead promoting dot net though they still call it "Visual Basic dot net".It is more in common with and a competitor to Java etc. Internet paradigm is built into it. So probably they will not allow older programmes to run on their newer operating system and force people to migrate to dot net. In any case 64 bit version will be the order of the day.
However,I believe that once logic of a function is clear it can be ported to any language. In that way your program, results of which is acclaimed by forum members can easily be ported to newer platform. Same is the case with mine or any other such programmes. but still a vast majority will take time to switch over so it will continue to be useful for a long time to come no matter what microsoft people at redmont do.

As for my application some problems have been sorted out.Now I am checking it by giving various user options to see if it results in any problem.

Will upload the corrected version soon, may be by sunday.
Regards
Pankaj

murthymsr

hi paankaj,

quote:
In fact foxpro is one of the robust programming language I have ever seen.unfortunately Microsoft stopped supporting it.
:unquote

A buchher buys a sheep not because he loves it, but because he is 'hungry'.

murthymsr

pkjha30 said:
hi Murthy

In fact foxpro is one of the robust programming language I have ever seen.unfortunately Microsoft stopped supporting it. Now they have also discontinued Visual basic line of products and instead promoting dot net though they still call it "Visual Basic dot net".
Pankaj
friends,

I have to partly agree with the above statements. Being a programmer for the last 10 years, I havent come across more powerful software other than Visual Basic. I consider Foxpro is the primitive ver. of VB or the 1st non-lablled VB.

Also, Visual Basic Dot Net is indeed VB dot Net. The beauty of VB Dot Net is, you have access to all those bit wise operators (read bit) through which u can literally play with the memory of your computer.

Satya

pkjha30

Hi Satya

At long last....

About foxpro, its more for database oriented language.A bit procedural and not object oriented. VB6 is a general purpose programming language with classes and objects but some elements of oops are not present as in the c++ or in some pure OOPS

you are a programmer so I wont argue with you on vb dot net.

However, Miscrosoft people had the habit of protecting earlier versions and trying to see that old programmes written in older versions still run. For this reason they had lots and lots of dll/ocx files and continuous patching.Also COM was the order of the day(whatever that means for them, ole etc)

But with vb.net they have broken this tradition . Old programmes will not run on vb.net platform. Though they have provided conversion tools they are not sure of outcome and advise to write codes ground up.

Secondly, vb.net model is more like java ideas where your code is translated to an intermediate code which would then be run by dot.net environment which needs to be installed (it sounds like JVM) I dont think you can get exe file and run it.Code doesnot get to the assembly or machine language.

Thirdly, dot net itself is in two version. 1.1 and 2.0 . Their free edition of visual express dot net works only on 2.0 whereas 1.1 is now more prevalent. You have to uninstall 1.1 to install 2.0. Visual studio dev. edition prog will run on both. This whole model is a departure from their past practices.

No doubt dot net seems more friendly and versatile.Its also internet friendly which is the way they will take as JAVA is already there and there are more programmers in java then in dot net or c#. Unfortunately I have not yet tried it.

In any case purpose should be served irrespective of language or logic.Programmers have to decide what is best for them. Some say delphi is better than vb6,But I dont know. Therefore, I thought do it in a way that servers the purpose.

Pankaj

pkjha30

maliavi said:
Respected Sir,
I can not able to download the EOD Download/ Convert from NSE and BSE software. Please give me the link to download it. Or send it to my email id [email protected]

Thanking you
Avinash Mali
Hi Avinash

If you wait for sunday I will send you the next version as I am working out some minor issues before next version. I am trying to incorporate what feedback I have received till now for the current functionalities.

Pankaj

pkjha30

Hi Satya
I forgot to tell you that your are the main inspiration for my crude endeavour wherever it leads to. I hope the idea of programmers club is still on

pankaj:)

rpc

Hi Mr Jha
I have ver 0.0.85 with me.Do you have any newer version.I have tried using Help > Update Program but nothing happened.
Pls inform