EOD Download/ Convert from NSE and BSE

pkjha30

saritguha said:
Hi Pankaj,
I am not able to figure what I have done wrong, but the screen got corrupted.
I will reload the software.
Putting the issue for your reference.

Sarit
Hi again

An update

just create a folder \Datewise within in the folder shown in the textbox of destination folder dialog. unless it is already there as in defaults.

thanks for pointing it out.. Now corrected.

pankaj

Hi Pankaj,

The same problem with the conversion of BSE Bhavcopy persists. Even though I have downloaded today's Bhavcopy, the converted files are those od 24 Mar. As noted in my earlier post, this happened yesterday too.

NSE conversion is ok. Only thing, two new datewise and stock wise folders have been created within the original datewise folder.

Warm regards,

Debarj

pkjha30

Hi debraj

Sorry to reply late
March closing is keeping me held up

The same problem with the conversion of BSE Bhavcopy persists. Even though I have downloaded today's Bhavcopy, the converted files are those od 24 Mar. As noted in my earlier post, this happened yesterday too.
You are really a gem. After you pointed out I also went through several times to find out what is happenning. Every time it downloads a bhavcopy.zip it is that date named as EQ240306.zip Puzzeled I went to the URL from other software and downloaded bhavcopy.zip. same thing happened. So I went to the link provided for daily bhavcopy and found that they have changed the filenaming convention to eq280306_csv.zip and it has been done from 25.03.2006 so while downloading bhavcopy I am getting bhavcopy for 24.03.2006 which is in their system.

So I have to change the routine to get the name . no big deal. Once done I will post it.
However, if they are following the same convention for previous date and keeping it accessible the perhaps we can download old bhavcopies too. I will try to check if that is so. Normally BSE is more money conscious so they don't give historical data so easily.

NSE conversion is ok. Only thing, two new datewise and stock wise folders have been created within the original datewise folder.
This I also noted and corrected the error. Updated version will be posted after I attend to the some errors pointed out by you,sarit and murthy.
I addition ,as conversion logic appears ok, I will fine tune it using your manual provided in the earlier post.
I have noticed that as per manual ms downloader is not very particular about date format or or arrangement of data as long as header line for field identification is there with their specification.

if it is correct then the task is easy. Could you confirm it.

regards
Pankaj

pkjha30

Hi Again Debraj

BSE is giving bhavcopy in new URL format only from 20-03-2006(eq200306_csv.zip). So no luck for older files. Tough customer these bse people are. They dont believe in transparency and openness. That is why bse was more known for scams than nse. nse provides historical data from their website.

You can add url manually from ADD URL button and download files easily going through add list url dialogue.URL is
http://www.bseindia.com/bhavcopy/eq200306_csv.zip
(eq210306_csv.zip, eq220306_csv.zip, eq230306_csv.zip, eq240306_csv.zip, eq250306_csv.zip, eq260306_csv.zip, eq270306_csv.zip )
There will be no problem with conversion.
Regards
pankaj

pkjha30 said:
Hi debraj

I have noticed that as per manual ms downloader is not very particular about date format or or arrangement of data as long as header line for field identification is there with their specification.

if it is correct then the task is easy. Could you confirm it.

regards
Pankaj
Hi Pankaj,

The Downloader manual says, "The date can be in either the yyyymmdd or mm/dd/yyyy formats (e.g., 19891222 or 12/22/1989)..." So only two formats are supported. As for arrangement of data, you are quite right in saying that the order does not matter as long as the headers are there to identify fields.
I have just successfully imported data in MS through downloader after randomly rearranging the fields in the text file with appropriate headers.

It is very interesting what you have discovered about BSE Bhavcopy.

Take care,

Debraj

Hi Pankaj,

I have downloaded BSE Bhavcopies from 20 March using the URL you have supplied. Data have been converted and imported successfully. Let us hope BSE continues to host old Bhavcopies. Better late than never.

Good night,

Debraj

murthymsr

Hi pankaj,
here goes the next set of observations, i could be wrong! & apologies for repetition as before.
You need not reply pointwise to these, just my doubts, if worthy may be looked into!

(This in in continuation of my earlier set sent by mail.)

8522) In the browser window, window 1 is displayed. This makes me suppose more windows can be opened in a later version. something like a tabbed browser. the very idea is thrilling. by the way, can it be made the default browser. ( to get all these features, it may has to be selectable as the default browser.) Hope you are with this line of thinking!

8523) File >> Exit option is with the animation (meaning saving environment). this is the best way to exit the program. why not we totally remove/deactivate the close button, so that the program can be closed on saving the environment only.

8524) in browser >> Add Favourites, we have the first window for the heading and then the second for the URL. the two may be put into a single window with TAB to move across.

8525) When i press Help >> About, the program info screen opens up at the top left corner unlike the splash screen ( which opens at the centre.) and then, when we press ok, the main form gets resized to the size of the about screen.

No more against this version, i have to give you some time to read also. :D

Thanks for your time and efforts.
murthymsr

pkjha30

Hi murthy

I am not quoting you. I have sent a reply to your mail.
I tried to remove the close button but the method I used was not compatible with WIN98 so I dropped it.I will use another method compatible with 98.

Tabbed browser is an exciting idea. can be done easily but wait till I streamline and incorporate observations given till date. Lot of work and reading references.

As the basic idea has worked it will be stabilised then new features will be included. RTFbox and charing is next in development. First is easy and second is needing work.

Regards
Pankaj

Hi Pankaj,

For some reason NSE data of 2006_03_6 got downloaded and converted today. When I tried Satya's DataExtractor, the download and conversion were OK.

There are a couple of minor issues. I shall post them, if necessary, after trying out the next version.

Warm regards,

Debraj