Discount Broker Comparison

Downtime from past 30 minutes on NEST with Alice Blue... they say some satellite problem... I am really thinking twice about this whole discount broker experiment. Could not close positions at end of day.
hello,

For how much time r u trading with Alice Blue??

Did u face any problem with anything till date(payins, payout, order execution,terminal hang,customer care ,anything ) or this was the first issue in ur trading time with them??

bpr

Downtime from past 30 minutes on NEST with Alice Blue... they say some satellite problem... I am really thinking twice about this whole discount broker experiment. Could not close positions at end of day.
Hi Balab

sorry for your issue.thanks for reporting here.
Can you post the detail charges of Alice blue? (turnover /Stamp duty )
I would like to compare with WC.

balab

Its been about ten days. No major issue apart from the terminal disruption. Also the terminal auto disconnects now and then and in the morning it won't log in some times.
Pay-in is ok thru Atom but its a pain thru Neft, have to chase them to make the credit. Pay out is ok but slow (2 days if done after cut off)
Customer care is average
Overall Zerodha is ten times better, never faced any issue and everything resolved extremely promptly, of course there are other benefits with Alice (lower brokerage, higher margins).

hello,

For how much time r u trading with Alice Blue??

Did u face any problem with anything till date(payins, payout, order execution,terminal hang,customer care ,anything ) or this was the first issue in ur trading time with them??

balab

I wanted to go with Wisdom but the sub broker issue discussed here made me think twice, trying with the main broker and got a good deal negotiated. Rs 3 per lot FnO. (3 to buy 3 to sell). 10x margin intraday.
Charges as below, as per my recent contract note

Brokerage (buy+sell) Rs 6
Service tax- here I calculated 84 rs per crore
Stamp duty 0.001%
STT 0.01% sellside
Trans. chg Rs 400 per crore 0.004%
SEBI .0001%

Any other details?
Thanks for the comparison sheet, its really helpful.
WC may be cheaper for higher volumes, but I need to try Alice first - they have many issues to digest to get these low charges.

Hi Balab

sorry for your issue.thanks for reporting here.
Can you post the detail charges of Alice blue? (turnover /Stamp duty )
I would like to compare with WC.

Last edited:

balab

I spoke to some manager and they said its a problem with Omnesys the service provider for NEST - it seems they put too many brokers on the same server and it crashed due to load ... they are working to redistribute the load... I hope this story is the truth. Will update next week (or tomorrow, hope they find time to set it right today). This disruption is a MAJOR DEAL BREAKER for Alice / Wisdom if they don't get their act together.

bad very bad, wtf satelite problem........who will be responsible for any loss in forced overnight holding :annoyed:

I wanted to go with Wisdom but the sub broker issue discussed here made me think twice, trying with the main broker and got a good deal negotiated. Rs 3 per lot FnO. (3 to buy 3 to sell). 10x margin intraday.
Charges as below, as per my recent contract note

Brokerage (buy+sell) Rs 6
Service tax- here I calculated 84 rs per crore
Stamp duty 0.001%
STT 0.01% sellside
Trans. chg Rs 400 per crore 0.004%
SEBI .0001%

Any other details?
Thanks for the comparison sheet, its really helpful.
WC may be cheaper for higher volumes, but I need to try Alice first - they have many issues to digest to get these low charges.
Hi,
Which branch of Alice blue have u opened ur account coz there seem to too may variations in brokerage.:annoyed:

I mentioned bfore in this thread that i have sent a mail to alice blue and there is no reply.Those ppl replied to me and called after so many days and apologized for the delay:lol:
Now the plans told to me u are as follows--

Plan 1- Rs 20 per order mentioned on their website ,2 times intrday exposure, no carry forward exposure.

Plan 2 - Rs 20 per lot (u are trading at Rs 3 per lot:confused: )
5 times intraday exposure in nse futures and mcx,
2 times carry forward exposure in mcx.

Plan 3- 300 rs per crore of brokerage (.003%).
5 times intraday exposure in nse futures and mcx,
2 times carry forward exposure in mcx.

This all was told by karnataka branch executive.
I have talked to tamil nadu and andhra branches and they are only offering 500rs per crore of brokerage.

taxes and charges--

Turnover is 400Rs per crore for nse futures and mcx but in mcx it can be brought down to 250 per crore if u insist ;)

Ctt Stt as standard rate and stamp duty the same mentioned by u . Rs 10 per crore.

I m really unable to understand how u r trading at Rs 3 per lot which nobody in all the 3 branches have told me :(

balab

Its all about negotiation... they are open to various schemes and different clients have different brokerage structures. I have decent size account and trading volume, actually wisdom capital makes sense for me, I am trying the account with Alice.

Its all about negotiation... they are open to various schemes and different clients have different brokerage structures. I have decent size account and trading volume, actually wisdom capital makes sense for me, I am trying the account with Alice.
I want to know which branch are u currently trading in Alice ??