Discount Broker Comparison

jyotixxx

Thanks, I see that you explored a lot of brokers. Could you please suggest which is best at the moment
I am trading only crude oil at the moment, with fyers web ( somehow I don't like Nest Trader and I like the browser ), and I did not see any issues till now, charts seem to update. Obviously we don't receive contract notes and their back office sucks.

I compared my contract notes and I see that the charges for the fyers are on the higher side, this might be due to the clearing charges as highlighted below

Also, I did check Zerodha and Finavaisa, they don't seem to have Clearing charges.

Please suggest by comparing these

This is for trading 5 mega lots

we can see the more clearing charges when we trade multiple transactions, like in the below screenshot, I have traded 4 times, over all covering 50 Mega lots ( 10 Lots in first three trades, and 20 lots in last trade)
I can confirm you no clearing charges for commodities in zerodha too. Here is a screenshot of my recent contract note ( Click to enlarge)

Capture.PNG

I am trading from 2006, you will not get a perfect and reliable broker.
My journey so far:
ICICI Direct> Religare>Zerodha>SASonline> Fyers

Currently I am trading in all the last 3.
On voltility days, I like to trade with SAS. None of them are guranteed, but due small customer pool, SAS is very supportive, fast and not seen an issue till now.

bashasm

I can confirm you no clearing charges for commodities in zerodha too. Here is a screenshot of my recent contract note ( Click to enlarge)

View attachment 37330

I am trading from 2006, you will not get a perfect and reliable broker.
My journey so far:
ICICI Direct> Religare>Zerodha>SASonline> Fyers

Currently I am trading in all the last 3.
On voltility days, I like to trade with SAS. None of them are guranteed, but due small customer pool, SAS is very supportive, fast and not seen an issue till now.
Thanks a lot
I see lot of people are trading with Finavsia, why did you not like it?

For now, I am satisfied with Fyers
I like their trading from the chart very much, the only concern is clearance charges, I don't want to go back to zerodha LOL
But I will keep an eye on others for the future

jyotixxx

Can someone confirm, if Currency & Commodity trading can be done on NSE NOW platform on PC as well as Mobile? It's long time since I have used NSE NOW.

Secondly, do we have to fill password to place a order nowadays too?

Can someone confirm, if Currency & Commodity trading can be done on NSE NOW platform on PC as well as Mobile? It's long time since I have used NSE NOW.

Secondly, do we have to fill password to place a order nowadays too?
Yes you can trade on currency but not in commodity with NSE NOW, and you have to fill password once to place order when you login first time in morning, but after 15-20 mins of inactivity, it prompts you to enter login password again. Am not using NOW mobile app, so cannot comment on that.

bpr

why GTT is a flop?

Recently zerodha introsuced GTT orders instead of GTC.
Below will give my analysis on the same and why you should avoid them.

GTC is always implemented(world wide) as another state for the validity field of the order.
So in addition to DAY / IOC one extra state should be enabled "GTC".
By this this does not affect any order type and there is no confusion as no additional order type needs to be introduced but only a flag
1567310827258.png

If GTC is selected then the order should remain active overnight.
In reality there is no overnight market. What essentially needs to be done is that the same order needs to placed again at next market open automatically without any user worries.
It frees the user from mundane order placing and management and makes the trader much more productive.

But Zerodha introduced GTT.
First they introduced 4 different order type as if we don't have enough number of order type already
GTT BUY
GTT SELL
GTT OCO BUY
GTT OCO SELL

so first GTT BUY and GTT SELL are essentially needed creating new position with limit order.

GTT BUY and GTT SELL needs to have 2 price Trigger and Limit.
even if the order triggers there is a risk of your price not getting fillied. Imagin u have a buy GTT order at 100 trigger and 100 limit. Price hits 100 and your order triggers .Price goes to 99 and buy the time actual order hit the market price goes up above 100 and never comes back. Guess what you limit 100 GTT order will dis not get filled even though market visted 99. This is absoluetly not a issue in GTC order.

Also in first moving market you will end up with slippage. There is no limit of sliippage so it kind of equivalent to market order. Oh no no it is actaully worse as there will be a delay in triggering the actual order and the time it takes to hit the marhet vs a order which is already placed at exchnage.Why would a user want slippage for normal limit buy/sell limit order is beyond me.

Also the trigger is not guranted of course in case GTT is not triggered due to zerodha server issue
So user taking addisitional risk.

Again last but not least if the order is triggered and not executed guess what you have to place the GTT order again.No such problems in GTC.

Now what about who wants to create new positions on breakout using SLM/SLL orders ?? They are not supported?why?

why these GTT orders not supported for FNO and only for cash. Futures trader does not need ??

So now for for GTT OCO BUY /OCO SELL are essentially emulates OCO orders with TP and SL for exsiting posisition.
Apart from the above issues here the SL orders are not guranted. No SLM order possible.
what if somebody does not want TP but just want to place SL. is this possible ??

I think GTT is disaster.

"The few brokers who do offer GTC, essentially re-place all the pending orders which were cancelled by exchange once again on the next trading day. This is not a scalable solution. "
This is what Nithin said in relation to implementation of GTC not feasible scalable. Are you serious?? Please hire proper people who know scalling and stop giving excuses.

The GTC order pool can be load distrubruted on the first minute of 9:15 to 9:16 and you need not place all at one go at 9:15:01 and put that disclamer and u r good to go.

I am using GTC order with IB daily and to the extent that I cannot imagine my life without it.
Unfortunately most indian traders never expereniced and are misled and singing ga ga over this...

If u use this then u r only to blame yourself and stop crying when u losse money over execution issues.

peace out.

Heard finvasai's mobile app is not good. Only this is holding me back to zerodha

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk
That was before they updated scalpert. The platform is much like what other brokers are offering; smooth and steady, haven’t faced any problem till now. Though, if you still are not sure about scalpert, you can always choose between BEST and NOW.