Discount Broker Comparison

bpr

what the hell is this new drama ?
sebi back again....
I wonder how this information will be used.
Give discount to farmers and charge more to proritery traders!! Imagine different CTT based on classification.
1566916966791.png

what the hell? I have to select for each commodity separately ? really?

1566917574785.png

Attachments

Last edited:

bpr

Farmers/FPOs: It includes participants such as farmers, farmers’ cooperatives, Famers Producers Organisations (FPOs) and such entities of like nature. ii.

Value chain participants (VCPs): It includes participants such as Processors, Commercial users as Dal and Flour Millers, Importers, Exporters, Physical Market Traders, Stockists, Cash & Carry participants, Produces, SMEs/MSMEs & Wholesalers etc., but exclude farmers/FPOs. iii.

Proprietary traders: It includes the members of stock exchanges trading in their proprietary account. Page 2 of 9 iv. Domestic financial institutional investors: It includes participants such as Mutual Funds (MFs), Portfolio Managers, Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), Banks, Insurance Companies and Pension Funds etc., which are allowed to trade in commodity derivatives. v.

Foreign participants: It includes participants such as Eligible Foreign Entities (EFEs), NRIs etc. which are allowed to trade in commodity derivatives markets. vi.

Others: All other participants which cannot be classified in the above categories.

so wait a second are we retail traders fall under "Proprietary traders" or "others" category I am confused.

bpr

"Proprietary traders" are the ones who have direct membership with the Exchange - Prop Trading. Since there is no classification for we retailers, so "Others".
yep agreed.

EDIT: This looks like some classification similar to FII DII in equities but little more elaborate for commodities.
SEBI probably looking for data which groups trading how much.
But I am always skeptical how these data will be used in future.

Last edited:

bpr

Zerodha's OMS failed today amidst Expiry.... got to know as Nithin was questioned in CNBC... Hard to believe several years (FIVE YEARS down the lane) have gone by, still same thing... This has to be absolutely deliberate!

IMO as of today Finvasia is "The Best" of all the discount brokers....
zerodha did not had any issues recently ..I thought they finanly fixed their issue ..looks like I was wrong...

raju.vzm

double likes! Finvasia didn't disappoint me, its been an year. I think choosing a broker that is quality vs famous it the way to go these days. a friend of mine told me zerodha stopped around 10:05 yesterday as well
Heard finvasai's mobile app is not good. Only this is holding me back to zerodha

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk