Discount Broker Comparison

Dear sir,
I am a day trader and silent observer of traderji forum. I really wanted to shift my account from Zerodha where I pay around 1000 rs brokerage pr month. But software is free.

I have no intention to start a company. I am a satisfied housewife. But being a silent observer of this forum I know you guys are insider of brokerage houses. Mr Bharadwaj is promoting finvesia and Mr Ram is promoting SAS online since you guys have joined the forum.

It is not the matter of free services. I am ready to pay for the services. But I am talking about the ethics. If software cost is added then it will be costlier than most of the brokers available in the market.

I know its complete waste of time with you guys as you all have vested interest. Please permit me to leave the topic now.

thanku
Respected Mrs House wife :)

Surprisingly, you are also only promoting one thing on TJ : Complaints, complaints, complaints :rofl:

pannet1

Respected Mrs House wife :)

Surprisingly, you are also only promoting one thing on TJ : Complaints, complaints, complaints :rofl:
I thought someone will pick on the satisfied part of the housewife. its very easy to find the best broker. it is simple. just use the same broker that she praises. there was news about Japanese who made huge amount by trading GBPJPY. So beware of her.

Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk

Stamp duty for most states in a readable format in single place.

Source: various broker website
There are 37 states in India and your comparison sheet is about 22 states only. Now you suggest me how should we treat the clients of left over states? For example what will happen to the state of Uttarakhand or Jharkhand?

Now just check this ANMI list of all 37 states with rates of Stamp Duty.

http://www.anmi.in/index.php/information

Could you please suggest me which one is more authentic?

ANMI is nothing but Association of National Exchange Members of India.

May I request you to kindly delete your post No 1427.

pannet1

Yes, advantage would be in milliseconds, NORMALLY. But, markets have peak times and sometimes at those peak times the broker servers/data lines have more load than they were designed for and sometimes things slow down. Traders lose in such cases and do not even know that cause was latency at server, broker's bandwidth from cust to his office or his off to exch.

Now, this facility to send orders to exchange is only in case of DMA access. When broker provides a client with DMA access, he gives exchange his limits for the client and the exchange in turn issues trading ids to the broker's client. Of course these are under the brokers clearing & management.

The only problem in such cases is 1) cost & 2) inflexibility in trading limits. Your broker cannot temporarily give you higher limits & etc on ad hoc basis. He has to setup everything with the exchange, so things are pretty inflexible. Limit changes take a day or two.

The broker also loses pooled funds/margins of a dma client, so I guess costs to him would be higher, but are usually sustainable because dma clients would trade exponentially more than normal clients.

I don't know the exact procedures or Risk mgmt that comes into play but that's the gist of what I was told.
Awesome insights from a senior trader. :clapping: Thank you dear. Can you name any such broker.

I have another doubt. Suppose a price of an instrument is currently at 500 and you are Bullish and you place a SL order at 502. Suddenly price starts increasing and moves to 505 without filling your order. Is there any guarantee with a broker that price will never go past your SL price.

bpr

Hello BPR,

Wrt the comparison excel NSE index options TradeSmartOnline (unlimited) is shown as 99 whereas in the their website they have mentioned as 1999. Did I make any mistake in my understanding. Please clarify if possible.
Look again that is tradeplusOnline not tradesmartonline and only for options..

however they are removed from main page

pannet1

Look again that is tradeplusOnline not tradesmartonline and only for options..

however they are removed from main page
Hi BPR,

My eyes are not working as they used and my brain is slow too. Guess I am fit for trading now. :clap: You avoid those bad entries and exits.

What to you intend to say when you remove a broker from main page. I am concerned and eager to know whether this means that they are not reliable.

bpr

Hi BPR,

My eyes are not working as they used and my brain is slow too. Guess I am fit for trading now. :clap: You avoid those bad entries and exits.

What to you intend to say when you remove a broker from main page. I am concerned and eager to know whether this means that they are not reliable.
No My Comparison does not give any reliability indicator.

I include based on cost effectiveness and some other basic guidelines

As the list grew big I have to remove and keep a few which has the most cost effective plans and give more value to the traders