Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

9th gen i3 is priced similar to ryzen 3200. ~7500

The older gen i3 is priced around 3500. I don't find a similarly priced ryzen online?
if you can post specific models it will be more helpful bcos even some intel chips require a discrete GPU card,
as a thumb rule AMDs are generally priced lesser but if there is a specific cheaper intel then compare specs and choose the better or newer one.

In the market for a new desktop. The old desktop is finally crumbling after 13 years.

Here's the planned config for assembled PC. No gaming. Nothing fancy. Just everyday use.

i3 - 3-5 gen - 3000
MoBo - 3500
Ram 4gb - 2500
SSD 240gb - 3500
Power supply -2000
Cabinet - 2000
Dont need keyboard and mouse.
Planning to buy a 22in screen on sale on Amazon for ~6500

Total about 23k.
Any advice?
Tinker with this build as per your budget...

https://www.pcstudio.in/?woopb_shar...0sIjkiOnsiMzA5ODAiOnsicXVhbnRpdHkiOiIxIn19fX0,

Buy cheap local cabinet... for 800-900 you'll get one with 2 fans, front and back and 4 usb 3.0 ports... if you are in Mumbai you may get cheaper on Lam'ton road...

increase ur budget and buy these instead
ram is single stick in future add one more same ram stick when u have spare money for dual channel benifit

View attachment 45154
did you used ryzen ..I once purchased AMD long back but seems it only support foreground application..backgound processes went to sleep

did you used ryzen ..I once purchased AMD long back but seems it only support foreground application..backgound processes went to sleep
My laptop runs AMD E-350. No problem. 7 years now.

Btw, the laptop also has a 2GB RAM. Runs Win8 smoothly. Just out of curiosity, I was checking and Ram usage never went >60% since morning. Multiple chrome tabs open. There is nothing more I do on the computer :)

Anyway, will probably go for the config suggested by bpr. Prime abgb at Lamington road has better deals (offline) than Amazon . I believe they are AMD dealers in India.

Last edited:
Since we are on the topic, give me feedback about my system

1609134789054.png

5 years now. It is working fine, except the keyboard (some keys become stiff sometimes).

Seems that 5+ years is the average life of the laptops for the first user.

In the market for a new desktop. The old desktop is finally crumbling after 13 years.

Here's the planned config for assembled PC. No gaming. Nothing fancy. Just everyday use.

i3 - 3-5 gen - 3000
MoBo - 3500
Ram 4gb - 2500
SSD 240gb - 3500
Power supply -2000
Cabinet - 2000
Dont need keyboard and mouse.
Planning to buy a 22in screen on sale on Amazon for ~6500

Total about 23k.
Any advice?
amd is fine, used to be underdog but tables have turned.
-----
If you have gpu, then amd 3100 is pretty good budget cpu also. Also note that igpu ones are one generation behind. So amd 3200g has cpu from 2000 series. So 3100 is faster than 3200g for cpu tasks, obv lacks gpu so overall cost is higer too.
3200g seems to be much slower - 20% slower for single thread tasks and 50-60% slower for MT tasks - it does not have hyperthreading. Perhaps it does not matter to you, but i would consider 3100 + cheap gpu over it for a new build.

You can search google with "best ultra budget cpu"
Here is one link - https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cheap-cpus,5668.html

Last edited: