Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

singles win the matches. Call me old fashioned but I still prefer the ODIs in which 250+ was considered to be a match winning score. Small profits keep adding up :) my 2 cents!
Currently I'm hit with a trading paralysis... even if I'm dead sure about market going up.. I dont feel like taking the trade.. :)
As you said small profits keep adding up ... yes.. but I'll be posting soon .. once I start .. :)

Office timings skewed my sleep cycle and I get up too late.. but hope it will change soon. I'll start posting my trades soon.. :)

Raj232

I received it today evening at 6:07 PM.

Sure, will try to upload list of 46 mischievous stocks.
Starting with 46 stocks but likely to cover all 170+ stocks by the end of the year ...
So last 4 days before the settlement Zerodha says they wont allow trading.. so as to mitigate the loss.
This will affect all FNO.. doesnt sound too good for retail trader. Not taking position on last 4 days.. !!!

What this means is that if you don’t square off your F&O positions in these stocks before close of trading on July expiry day, you will either have to take delivery (long futures, long calls, short puts) or give delivery of the stock (short futures, long puts, short calls).

...hmmm .. not too good news ..!!!! .. volumes will definitely drop...!! :wtf:

Raj232

I wonder what difference it makes for intraday trading.
There could be lots of difference, e.g. the stock will gap up in the 1st tick of the morning... and go flat for the rest of the day.. what will the intraday trader do ? ... options buyers will be in big trouble.. if markets are flat during the day... !!! :)

Satya.

There could be lots of difference, e.g. the stock will gap up in the 1st tick of the morning... and go flat for the rest of the day.. what will the intraday trader do ? ... options buyers will be in big trouble.. if markets are flat during the day... !!! :)
90% of trdrs community is small retailer n alwys keep loosing here n der,
so may be 30% will give up on trding forever

Raj232

Small Option traders can buy Put Options with few thousands may face SHORT DELIVERY PUNISHMENT for few lakhs easily due to physical settlement. SEBI just increased the unwanted risk for small investors/traders. Many beginners will be trapped due to the ignorance of such a rule.
This opens up whole new set of problems... because derivatives were never supposed to be physically settled, it was only squaring off on the last day and difference was settled. Then there was STT fiasco of FNO expiry day to cheat option buyers.
Now they have started this new technique as per the "Kotak Panel proposals" .. and you know who Kotak group is.. becomeing one of the rickest .. with all these derivative sand banking ...etc..etc..

Also, they have not disclosed any of this publicly .. and supposed to be enforced from July.. i.e. less than a week left .. likely to catch a lot of retail mamus unawares :)

Raj232

Don't know...
I saw in Fyers tread, they recently reduced leveraged 4X to 3X (they mentioned SEBI intervened such high intraday leverage, they have to find the alternate way).
Brokers who want to provide extra intraday leverage, need to bring extra cash from another source. There is a cost attached to it, most brokers make it up with extra transaction cost or extra brokerage or other ways(funding with charges).

Sebi already increased the margin for positional trades (compulsory span +exposure), now they are demanding higher intraday margin too. :mad: Day by day with new rules, SEBI is making brokers job difficult to give high intraday leverage.
SEBI is not making the brokers job difficult. SEBI only comes out with regulation.
Brokers will eventually be affected as many retail traders will leave trading/ volumes traded will be much lower due to higher margin requirements.

Eventually the biggies will gain bigger.. instead of trading 10 lots of Tatamotors for Rs 20 brokerage, the trader will be trading 2 lots for Rs 20 brokerage. This seems to be based on Kotak Panel proposals .. :)

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...settlement-in-derivatives/article23375779.ece

"Stock exchanges have also been asked to provide a tick-by-tick data feed for free to all market participants. This type of data feed is crucial as it can be used to construct a market trend."

Not sure what happens to Index options .. e.g. Nifty and BankNifty options .. :) .. any thoughts.. news.. ideas.. :)

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Hi, guys, this news is about squaring off the position before exercising on the expiry. That's it. Whoever sells first, need to buy later before expiry. so close the position before expiry. that's is it. nothing big deal here. regardless of whether someone buys or sell first, he needs to close the position before expiry, else he obligated to pay cash or stocks.

no way this is going to reduce the participant volume.

this is not new. It is now only we get matched to international markets.

In fact, personally, I congratulate the regulator for this move. Because it is what makes people understand the real meaning of derivative instruments. Neither futures nor options are standalone trading instruments. They are derived products from equities and indexes.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
90% of trdrs community is small retailer n alwys keep loosing here n der,
so may be 30% will give up on trding forever
More people will shift to Bank Nifty Weekly Options (No physical settlement and less premium due to weekly expiry).
New people always come here with hope, to test the unknown water. They find option is the best instrument for speculation with little capital. They lose capital and then refill it multiple times until they find it's not their game.

Ultimately SEBI is adding fuel to the fire of volatility :D (although they clearly said they don't like high volatility due to excessive speculation. :DD SEBI can't change traders mentality, SEBI will fail miserably by converting Bank Nifty-Nifty a beta market(highly volatile).
Traders with gambling mentality(over 90%) will find the alternate best gambling instrument from other F&O products. Volume is shifting to Bank Nifty Options..

SEBI is behaving like Muhammad bin Tughluq. :woot:

Last edited: