Day Trading Stocks & Futures

You can quote RaGa also :DD
It will strengthen Swamiji's claims.
Even RaGa is sounding more sensible than Modi these days and for those specific sensibilities, I don't mind quoting him.

Waise bhi, Swamyji does not need support from mortals like us. He is an institution unto himself.

iwillwin

How many of you can claim that ledger is completely free from big loss days ?
I suffered two such days in april and two already in may :banghead::banghead:
Needless to say these were the days when loss booking was delayed even after important support/resistance was broken.
half work is done when one accepts and knows the mistake....big loss is bound to happen if one is looking for similar profits in every trade....we don't know at start of trade or at entry the amount we can get from the trade...
I am currently avoiding lossa days by not taking many trades but also big profit days are also getting missed then...

at the end of week or month if u analyze what is ur feeling

How many of you can claim that ledger is completely free from big loss days ?
I suffered two such days in april and two already in may :banghead::banghead:
Needless to say these were the days when loss booking was delayed even after important support/resistance was broken.
Just part of trading. Happens even for mechanical systems where we dont use discretion. Rarely, but there are days when all of my trades have hit the stop.

I dont think you can avoid it by say booking loss after your criteria. It might help some days maybe - if rule improves your system - but some random bad day will anyway happen. Perhaps only if you aggressively trail every trade - but that does not work i think and it also limit your wins.

One way i limit it is by having a max limit on number of trades in a day. And risk anyway you can define per trade/per day etc and accordingly your reward will reset. Opposite side is that usually your big win days will be even better than you big loss days.

Maybe some genius trader is profitable every week, but DD is inevitable for us mortals. And its ok ..