Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Afin bhai, before you pre-close the loan do read this, the twita guy is definitely spreading panic and misrepresenting info.

This is from the horses mouth: HDFC's Vice Chairman and CEO Keki Mistry told Moneycontrol
I hope the source of info i'm quoting is credible enough.

----- Quoting -----
HDFC's Vice Chairman and CEO Keki Mistry told Moneycontrol that the PBOC has been an existing shareholder and had owned 0.8 percent in the company as of March 2019.

The disclosure has been made now since the stake has hit the 1 percent regulatory threshold, Mistry said.
"They have been accumulating the shares over a year and are now holding 1.1 percent," Mistry said.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...cks-up-1-75-crore-shares-in-hdfc-5135931.html
Thanks bhai. I'll take a look :)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
The Virus, Not Politicians, Will Determine When Economies Can Safely Reopen

By Peter Coy

New studies show that it’s more contagious and more resilient than previously believed

In January, before Covid-19 had become a global pandemic, a doctor from Tennessee told me something wise. “It’s all about the virus,” said Dr. Mark Denison, director of the division of pediatric infectious diseases at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. “It’s all about the bug. We’re along for the ride and responding as best we can.”

Keep that in mind as you track the pronouncements of President Donald Trump and other world leaders as to when they expect to reopen their economies. Because ultimately, it doesn’t matter what they and their teams of medical experts want to do. All that matters is what the virus itself allows us to do.

Unfortunately, the latest news from the research front raises serious questions about the ability of economies to operate on anything like a normal basis without an acceleration of the spread of the coronavirus.

In Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began, each infected person probably passed the virus to an average of 5.7 others, according to a mathematical analysis from Los Alamos National Laboratory. That’s more than twice what the World Health Organization and other public health authorities reported in February. While the Los Alamos finding applies only to Wuhan, if the infectiousness elsewhere is anywhere near that bad, Covid-19 will be extremely hard to stamp out.

In South Korea, about 50 patients classed as having been cured have tested positive again, the nation’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said this week. There have been similar reports from China. The optimistic take is that these were testing errors—perhaps a false negative on the first test, or a false positive on the second one. The scarier possibility is that the virus somehow reactivates.

Meanwhile, countries such as Japan, which seemed to have beaten the virus without extreme isolation measures, are seeing cases increase alarmingly. On April 7, Shinzo Abe, Japan’s prime minister, declared a one-month state of emergency in Tokyo and surrounding regions.

The good news is that shutting down the economy does seem to suppress Covid-19, albeit with a lag. China’s Hubei Province proved that. Hospital admissions for the lung disease are also growing at a slowing rate, or even falling in such jurisdictions as New York City that have taken the most extreme steps to keep people from infecting one another.

The bad news is that this virus is harder to beat than it once appeared. It could come surging back as soon as suppression measures are eased. “Any level of (gradual) relaxation of the confinement will unavoidably lead to a corresponding increase in new cases,” according to an internal draft memo of the European Commission viewed by Bloomberg.

Investors are cheering the rescue measures from Congress and the Federal Reserve, but what ultimately matters is the nature of the pandemic itself. As that Tennessee doctor said: “It’s all about the bug.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...economies-can-safely-reopen?srnd=premium-asia

mohan.sic

If it's about accumulating some punya..let me not lag behind...:) What I am sharing here I had been doing it for some time but just recently I was able to decode it.

This is for the benefit of hardcore system backtesters who swear by it in system selection and those system hoppers who are always in search of the next holy grail system. I hope this will help enlighten some and help me gaining some punya..:)

Here it goes, you have found 5 different types of systems and their 10yrs bactest returns are as follows:
1. CAGR: 32%, Max DD: -40%
2. CAGR: 8%, Max DD: -18%
3. CAGR: 46%, Max DD: -76%
4. CAGR: -12%, Max DD: -36%
5. CAGR: 40%, Max DD: -62%

Rest of the parameters like R:R, Win rate, recovery factor etc are all in acceptable levels...and can be ignored.

Now the question is as a trader or investors which system would you use and why?

Get this right and I can easily say that your are ahead of 95% of traders/investors out there...:)

Something to keep your brains busy ... enjoy your weekend..:)

no 5 looks good ….but still this is a tricky question ….and you wil get punya only on giving buy/sell rules, strategy tecinque ...:))

Afin bhai, before you pre-close the loan do read this, the twita guy is definitely spreading panic and misrepresenting info.

This is from the horses mouth: HDFC's Vice Chairman and CEO Keki Mistry told Moneycontrol
I hope the source of info i'm quoting is credible enough.

----- Quoting -----
HDFC's Vice Chairman and CEO Keki Mistry told Moneycontrol that the PBOC has been an existing shareholder and had owned 0.8 percent in the company as of March 2019.

The disclosure has been made now since the stake has hit the 1 percent regulatory threshold, Mistry said.
"They have been accumulating the shares over a year and are now holding 1.1 percent," Mistry said.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...cks-up-1-75-crore-shares-in-hdfc-5135931.html
I checked. And BSE also put this out. Since this was HDFC and the 1% threshold came into the open we were able to know. For sure this info is indeed credible I am afraid.

travi

I checked. And BSE also put this out. Since this was HDFC and the 1% threshold came into the open we were able to know. For sure this info is indeed credible I am afraid.

I didnt understand.

HDFC CEO has clarified is that they've been accumulating for more than a year now.
and the article says, Chinese corp's are investing all over for a long time.

What i meant is, there are viral messages being sent, that China is taking over the world Companies after causing the crash with Covid and buying cheap. But obviusly, if they've bought over a yr, rates were pretty much mkt premium. Not like they bought entire 1% in March when hdfc was 40% down.

Anyway, 1% is not controlling stake, or like they can influence anything etc.

in day trading whether you are a mechanical or discretionary trader, to be consistently profitable your trading must be process-driven rather than outcome-driven. the less you focus on the outcome more you will be consistently profitable. process-driven day trading is the edge be it any method.
now the problem is most of the day traders don't know how to set and what is process driven trading?
What you do in following 3-time frames is what broadly process is :

1) before (quality preparation)- this includes not only trading or chart related preparation but also mental and emotional preparation like mindful meditation etc.

2) during (effective execution)- the key idea here is that one should be mindful during trading hours. don't try to get rid of emotions its a futile and stressful thing to do and nobody in the world can do it. be aware of your emotions but from the observer's point of view. there are many methods and ways to do it. other things are also there like how good is your confidence are you able to read the PA as per your method etc. day trader has to focus on high-value trading actions during market hours.

3) after (accurate self-assessment)- post-market analysis. deep practice, working on high-value trading goals (process-oriented). evaluating yourself on other parameters. bookkeeping maintaining a trading diary etc.

If the day trader, trade's with this MTF approach, there is a very high probability that he/she will be consistently profitable.

Hint: When I ask these type of questions....you can be rest assured that the answer will not be that simple..and it is not easily available on google...this is a very fresh one directly from my research box...;)
I believe, everyone ends up doing some re-inventing, which is good . . .

how to identify and use support and resistance in day trading?

there are many ways to find support and resistance in day trading like floor pivots, Fibonacci pivots, gann 2-3 bar swing, naked price action highs, and lows and many more. all of these work and work well if you know how to use them.

I like to use a fixed percentage zig zag indicator for day trading on close price (one can use on high and low also ). how much percentage point move should be used? as per me, it can be anywhere between 0.05 to 0.1 on a 2M-3M timeframe. no idea about higher time frames than these 2.

there are 2 kinds of S/R :

1) minor- this S/R is being created by a single pivot point. its strength is less and most of the time it works well in trend.

2) major S/R- this S/R is being created by 2 or more pivot points and gives good support and resistance to PA. work well both in trend and range.

below chart shows zigzag overlayed on candlestick chart along with minor and major S/R:

the above chart is more than enough to make money consistently with trading with the trend. trend reversals trades on small time frames like 2M-3M requires excellent PA reading. one can use other indicators like 20EMA(i prefer), 34 EMA or any other, as per preference. one can use volume or volume-based indicators, can you any oscillator too. but the above chart is good enough if one knows how to read PA and how to S/R and know the "trend as off now".

trading with S/R:

there are only 2 types of trades be it any method or any system. pull back and breakout. both work well. pullbacks in trend are easy to trade. one of the set up I use breakout of major S/R and then price pullback to test it. the downside you have to have an understanding of when the trend is getting mature. most of the time I don't try to trade the whole up move or down move.
below is the chart showing a couple of PB trades. I have put 20EMA also on the chart. these are only entries one has to read and analyze PA also. I use volume also, which I have not shown on the chart.

hope it helps somebody.

how to identify and use support and resistance in day trading?

there are many ways to find support and resistance in day trading like floor pivots, Fibonacci pivots, gann 2-3 bar swing, naked price action highs, and lows and many more. all of these work and work well if you know how to use them.

I like to use a fixed percentage zig zag indicator for day trading on close price (one can use on high and low also ). how much percentage point move should be used? as per me, it can be anywhere between 0.05 to 0.1 on a 2M-3M timeframe. no idea about higher time frames than these 2.

there are 2 kinds of S/R :

1) minor- this S/R is being created by a single pivot point. its strength is less and most of the time it works well in trend.

2) major S/R- this S/R is being created by 2 or more pivot points and gives good support and resistance to PA. work well both in trend and range.

below chart shows zigzag overlayed on candlestick chart along with minor and major S/R:

the above chart is more than enough to make money consistently with trading with the trend. trend reversals trades on small time frames like 2M-3M requires excellent PA reading. one can use other indicators like 20EMA(i prefer), 34 EMA or any other, as per preference. one can use volume or volume-based indicators, can you any oscillator too. but the above chart is good enough if one knows how to read PA and how to S/R and know the "trend as off now".

trading with S/R:

there are only 2 types of trades be it any method or any system. pull back and breakout. both work well. pullbacks in trend are easy to trade. one of the set up I use breakout of major S/R and then price pullback to test it. the downside you have to have an understanding of when the trend is getting mature. most of the time I don't try to trade the whole up move or down move.
below is the chart showing a couple of PB trades. I have put 20EMA also on the chart. these are only entries one has to read and analyze PA also. I use volume also, which I have not shown on the chart.

hope it helps somebody.
I have a question...do you put limit order or sl order near support or resistance zone..
i.e..your trade is executed at entry in the zone or exiting through the zone..?