Day Trading Stocks & Futures

i personally would rather stay off trading than go short at this moment. it is not worth taking that risk.
the general feeling looking at the market movement is strength . so it may be better to wait than go short even if the market moves downward. this of course is my personal view and position for now.
Correct..
I am biased in favour of shorting and when I am not right, the gains from other trades is given away..
I have to modify my approach..

kharikumaar

Correct..
I am biased in favour of shorting and when I am not right, the gains from other trades is given away..
I have to modify my approach..
this is natural in the trading world. i also have strong shorting tendencies. most of our losses come from that. I has spoken about market mindset earlier though never got to say much. this is more or less what most retailers think, i think it comes from the fact that when markets fall the fall is much faster and many times probably deeper . so whenever we see the market going up we all feel that it cannot continue forever and anytime should fall and hence do not want to miss out on the windfall gains then.

and when the markets start going up and ;you are in a losing position we still hold on thinking ok it is a small upmove it has to fall soon. and so the story continues.

this same feeling also makes us cover our long positions early since we are afraid that the upmove will not last and a fall can be seen soon so we end up covering our long positions early. hence we end up having smaller profits and larger losses. this psychology is what the bigger ones use to screw the retail traders.

it is a very difficult feeling to overcome, but unless that is done we will be in losses.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
In another account I forgot to remove my short SL and I forgot it. Very dangerous.Lucky mistake.
View attachment 30516
Honestly this is the second time i made this mistake.I made it two years ago with Jetairways.though I ended in profits.Not happy with it since .The trade does not fall within planned process of my trading system. But market wanted to give who am i to deny it.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
this is natural in the trading world. i also have strong shorting tendencies. most of our losses come from that. I has spoken about market mindset earlier though never got to say much. this is more or less what most retailers think, i think it comes from the fact that when markets fall the fall is much faster and many times probably deeper . so whenever we see the market going up we all feel that it cannot continue forever and anytime should fall and hence do not want to miss out on the windfall gains then.

and when the markets start going up and ;you are in a losing position we still hold on thinking ok it is a small upmove it has to fall soon. and so the story continues.

this same feeling also makes us cover our long positions early since we are afraid that the upmove will not last and a fall can be seen soon so we end up covering our long positions early. hence we end up having smaller profits and larger losses. this psychology is what the bigger ones use to screw the retail traders.

it is a very difficult feeling to overcome, but unless that is done we will be in losses.
I too was doing the same thing..Entire 2017 I was shorting.But since last 4 months I consciously changed myself and started working both long and short.Today i made money in both long and short.Just wait and see what the market is conveying. My simple system to go short in NF is below RSI 60 and in BNF below RSI 50.Similiarly on the longside.

Fully agree..
Need more experience to become more stable in approaching the trades..
Working on the same..