Day Trading Stocks & Futures

kharikumaar

Shorted and carrying.
SBI @ 298 axisbank @ 625.5 ICICIBANK 252 Banknifty @25735+25835
Banknifty 25400 puts eroded huge % avg 33 now
Nifty 10500 put bought on friday @150 still in some profit.
reliance 1060 put @ 29
No longs in hand.. all short positions. tomorrow ... is key for now
Thats end of day for me.

Happy DIwali to Evrery one.

This was a thought which occurred to me when i was reading your earlier post on averaging. even i average at times but then realised now that why should we buy the same strike price option at a lesser price just to average ? the more the index moves away the greater the erosion, so when the time comes to average , why not buy options of a nearer strike price for the amount we have earmarked to buy the options, we may get lesser quantity but when there is recovery we tend to get better returns than if we use this money to buy options which are already deep in the red just to average. The idea is to recover money in case of retracement, so a closer to the money option would be a far better bet to catch this than a far otm option., especially when it is close to the expiry
just a thought

kharikumaar

For example
hypothetically lets say @ 25700 we have 25500 pe at 100*200 = 20000, now when the index goes up by 200 points we may have 25500 at 50 rs. so instead of planning to buy another 200 @ 50 = 10000, to make it an average of 75, why not ;buy 25700 pe 100 at 100= 10000, so if the index reverses the 27700 will recover faster and we may even get greater returns from it.

VJAY

BNF daytraders , any difficult month in 2018 you find tough to get points ? or in 2017. I want to check the charts of that month.
Dear Ravi bro,
Check August month of this year...I started from april trading bnf...so profit wise tough month for me