Day Trading Stocks & Futures

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
Interesting ! While the value of Bank nifty has declined, the lot size has also been reduced. Contrary to the usual logic. May be the big guys who actively trade bank nifty, want more retail participation, and hence more people to f**k. Wow !

haha mb,

youre doing a noble thing by doing this and this for my part of the share
That method of averaging by sending rescue teams and attack teams is feasible in romancing three kingdoms, if same method were to be applied on equities, and if old wise one was caught on wrong foot in any script like PCJ, Infibeam, Yesbank, DHFL he would have been compelled to change his name to "fatti" ;)

what works in Forex may not be advisable in stocks.

Riskyman

That method of averaging by sending rescue teams and attack teams is feasible in romancing three kingdoms, if same method were to be applied on equities, and if old wise one was caught on wrong foot in any script like PCJ, Infibeam, Yesbank, DHFL he would have been compelled to change his name to "fatti" ;)

what works in Forex may not be advisable in stocks.
In forex, you have the "Master Player" i.e the central bank and the respective government that throws pocket change to stabilize the currency. If required, they are willing to throw huge sums to achieve this target. This is exactly why currencies are range bound and averaging works in the short term. Case in point being our RBI quickly stepping in to stop INR from flying past 73 recently.
In stocks there is no central authority who is very concerned about the level at which a stock should trade. Its mostly fundamentals, earnings, liquidity and all those rubbish in play.

Also, in forex there is no expiry. There is only a roll. You can hold a position for months together at a time if you have the staying power. In CFDs, you have contracts that expire and it means you have to take a loss/profit some day. You can rollover but in reality, you are booking loss in a contract and getting into another.

So you are very right!. Forex is a different market altogether. I have traded it extensively and I know from experience that what works here may not work there.

In forex, you have the "Master Player" i.e the central bank and the respective government that throws pocket change to stabilize the currency. If required, they are willing to throw huge sums to achieve this target. This is exactly why currencies are range bound and averaging works in the short term. Case in point being our RBI quickly stepping in to stop INR from flying past 73 recently.
In stocks there is no central authority who is very concerned about the level at which a stock should trade. Its mostly fundamentals, earnings, liquidity and all those rubbish in play.

Also, in forex there is no expiry. There is only a roll. You can hold a position for months together at a time if you have the staying power. In CFDs, you have contracts that expire and it means you have to take a loss/profit some day. You can rollover but in reality, you are booking loss in a contract and getting into another.

So you are very right!. Forex is a different market altogether. I have traded it extensively and I know from experience that what works here may not work there.
Exactly my feelings, pannet1 is so enamored by fti's method, he is applying those rules to different market altogether. It may work many times but one failure will kill the account.
Capture.PNG

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Expert who coined the term Sensex doesn't like giving trading tips — meet Deepak Mohoni
With nearly 40 years of experience at looking at Indian markets Deepak Mohoni talks about market evolution and interpretation of data

As for the recommendation part especially on the televisions, before 2007 the interviews were mostly on the broader analysis of the market and the economy rather than on stock tips. The 2007 boom gave rise to the business of giving trading tips. I generally do not like giving tips, I am reluctant in giving them. There are more parameters involved in a trade than just acting on a tip. One should look at their position size, what they want to do with the trade ones they are in the trade.

I am comfortable working with data and am not a huge fan of technical analysis, though there are a few good things about technical analysis. In its most basic form, the technical analysis gives you an idea of where the market is going and one should avoid going against the direction of the market.
The other thing that technical analysis is good at is during a trade setup. After you have taken a position it gives you an idea of the points of where you want to exit. You can keep your stop losses at these points and if the trade is in your favour you can keep a trailing stop loss.
But in my view, technical indicators don’t really work. People delude themselves in thinking that it does base on some degree of success that they encounter.
At the end of the day, what are charts but a visual display of numbers/data. In fact, numbers are more powerful and you can see things in numbers that you cannot see in a chart. You have more flexibility in working with numbers than you have in working with charts.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...-trading-tips-meet-deepak-mohoni-2998301.html