Day Trading Stocks & Futures

for me no risk needs to be constant reducing risk after a couple of losses will lead to playing catchup as ur profits lessen compared to ur loss .. u should think about reducing it only if prolonged period of losses taking your drawdown below 10% of your capital..u should have a daily loss limit instead and stop trading for the day if u hit that limit.
Also can you throw some light on MM especially during adds. Sometimes pyramiding blows up on one's face big time but it also allows entry with a smaller size which is necessary sometimes

and what about MM during adds. Acually I added that query a little after I put up the first one

Raj232

raj232 ur a pretty experienced guy so u know what it means :). think i have said enough about it in a lot of my posts and thers a lot written on it here as well(Can check STs post on it hes written it beautifully) .here is one gem of it.

Trade 1% of your trading capital on each trade. Increase the % only after you reach 50 % profit on your trading capital....This should take about 3 months. Then at the end of 3 months devide the profits equally between trading capital and risk capital.....continue trading 1 % of your trading capital.....and trade 4-5 % of your risk capital......let this continue for 100 % profit....then repeat the same step.....

Let us take an example...say your Initial trading capital is Rs 5 Lacs......you make 2.5 L profits devide that 50:50 ...so trading capital now becomes 5+1.25 =6.25 L and your risk capital is 1.25 L now on each trade you take 1 % of 6.25 L plus 5% of 1.25 L = 6250 +6250 = 12,500 on each trade......continue this till your trading capital + Risk capital becomes 15 L ....then same steps.....

If you find 5 % too large, then go for 3-4 % of risk capital but this compounding will increase your trading capital exponentially without taking undue risk with your trading capital which goes on increasing continuously.
Thanks for the great post :)

Raj232

being late for market hrs is a serious offence against yourself, if you are a full time trader.
many opportunities missed whenever i am late.
same here.. got up at 11 am from sleep :) .. but not a full time trader.. and no open positions.. on a 15 day vacation from market :)