Day Trading Stocks & Futures

re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

You surely aren't talking about last infy result are you?? as I remember the day before infy result ITM option's premium was around 120-130.

I did bought Call option that time as I was confident on its so called' better then expected' results. and my ROI was just 70%. where as it was expected to be near 500-800%. :|
Off course not !! The result trade which you mentioned is the July 13 series whereas I was mentioning about the April 13 series. When I entered the April strangle trade the IV of options was 62 and the premium seemed quite expensive but somehow I braved out the fear inside me to take on the trade expecting something big to happen [that is a move beyond 10% up or down].

The reason behind the success of this trade was that the stock fell drastically on the result day and even after losing the IV value considerably the ITM was so much deep in money that it was in good profit .

In July series which you are mentioning,the day before result the IV was hovering in the range of 90-98 and I skipped the straddle trade for obvious reasons of contemplating the not so impressive RR as the IV was indicating massive expensive premium for owning them. July series INFY trade was a big dent for the straddle buyers if the position was carried for the result day.

Mr.G

I just found an old copy of rogue trader, I was reading that this weekend. Freaking good book!

feeling bored :annoyed:
There is a lot of good reading in the threads by DSM and 4candles (After market hours, Being informed).