Day Trading Stocks & Futures

pannet1

Yes I do.. adjust it whenever position moves according to my bias. Also I am not married to a setup like short strangle. Nowadays observing lots of highly leveraged writing on expiry day for BNF, leading to spikes which squeezes them out. So am exploring joining the party of buying options to squeeze out the expiry writers which has been going on off late.
ok. the idea is to be short on OTMs when VIX is high (and premiums too). when expiry is near, you buy options at throw away prices (a kinda hero or zero trades).

Yes I do.. adjust it whenever position moves according to my bias. Also I am not married to a setup like short strangle. Nowadays observing lots of highly leveraged writing on expiry day for BNF, leading to spikes which squeezes them out. So am exploring joining the party of buying options to squeeze out the expiry writers which has been going on off late.
how to know if the writing is leveraged or not? For all you know it could be option buying/writing by institutions in relatively larger volumes

ok. the idea is to be short on OTMs when VIX is high (and premiums too). when expiry is near, you buy options at throw away prices (a kinda hero or zero trades).
IMO high vix also results in volatile moves which high premiums cannot negate. It's only when the vix starts falling from the top that the writers make money. I personally have done my best when vix is near it's low. Also 90% of the time writing is good on expiry day. Of lately though bnf has started giving vicious moves and that too after 2pm.

MaxX

IMO high vix also results in volatile moves which high premiums cannot negate. It's only when the vix starts falling from the top that the writers make money. I personally have done my best when vix is near it's low. Also 90% of the time writing is good on expiry day. Of lately though bnf has started giving vicious moves and that too after 2pm.
Agreed.. this is where the experience/skill/risk management of trader comes to the fore. Have been observing how the prices move for all options (and my m2m) everyday from many years which has helped me become a consistent trader. Are you in a short strangle too?

Last edited:
Agreed.. this is where the experience/skill/risk management of trader comes to the fore. Have been observing how the prices move for all options everyday from many years which has helped me become a consistent trader. Are you in a short strangle too?
Yup. Writing since 2009. These days I'm into BNF options because of the high premiums and weekly expiry.

I saw your position and it was highly biased for a direction. In other words the delta wasn't neutral. I personally always maintain my delta and my sole aim is to eat up all the premiums without being biased.

MaxX

Yup. Writing since 2009. These days I'm into BNF options because of the high premiums and weekly expiry.

I saw your position and it was highly biased for a direction. In other words the delta wasn't neutral. I personally always maintain my delta and my sole aim is to eat up all the premiums without being biased.
Yes.. biased to get m2m gains on upmove (via delta too). Works better for me/my trading style than maintaining a neutral position. BNF and weekly expiries are too fast paced for me.. I prefer Next month options which BNF has very low liquidity in. Shall explore though :)

Yes.. biased to get m2m gains on upmove (via delta too). Works better for me/my trading style than maintaining a neutral position. BNF and weekly expiries are too fast paced for me.. I prefer Next month options which BNF has very low liquidity in. Shall explore though :)
Actually nothing better than being right in the delta as well as vega positions. My win ratio in delta hasn't been that great in the past. So i stick to neutral strategies which actually have really suited me because then my aim is only to track volatility and maintain my neutral position (which is a task in itself). That's why I'm able to write bnf options because I'm able to achieve the speed of shifting my positions. There have been days when bnf moves 500 points and my short strangle has given me good m2m.

Actually nothing better than being right in the delta as well as vega positions. My win ratio in delta hasn't been that great in the past. So i stick to neutral strategies which actually have really suited me because then my aim is only to track volatility and maintain my neutral position (which is a task in itself). That's why I'm able to write bnf options because I'm able to achieve the speed of shifting my positions. There have been days when bnf moves 500 points and my short strangle has given me good m2m.
One question . How much returns did both of you expect over the year on the capital employed ?