Day Trading Stocks & Futures

nil.nik.9777

Normally i don't carry positions but Was carrying 2 lots of Tata steel shorts since yesterday as i was expecting small downside today which worked .. Exited today.
Fantastic.. keep it up.. any strategy which gave you hint of downside ??
Yes yesterday was big run for market but Tata steel didn't participated much into rally also it was weak on 5 min charts.

onequorauser

I am trading mostly with single lot and sometimes with two lots depending upon how confident trade setup is.
I have been trying pyramiding (scaling up) on sim but doesnt seem to work out very nicely. Sometimes I think Its better suited for a slightly longer time frame. IMO For shorter ones, it makes more sense to go in all at once and scale out.

nil.nik.9777

I am trading mostly with single lot and sometimes with two lots depending upon how confident trade setup is.
I have been trying pyramiding (scaling up) on sim but doesnt seem to work out very nicely. Sometimes I think Its better suited for a slightly longer time frame. IMO For shorter ones, it makes more sense to go in all at once and scale out.
For me Scaling up is only when at i am consistently successful for longer period of 6 months+.
Earlier I tried scaling up which turned out disasters as trading with single lot and trading with multiple lots are psychologically very different things

onequorauser

For me Scaling up is only when at i am consistently successful for longer period of 6 months+.
Earlier I tried scaling up which turned out disasters as trading with single lot and trading with multiple lots are psychologically very different things
Not just psychologically...even the trade management gets different. But the thing is... doing it when you are playing for say 5-10 points gets tricky because the bandwidth required when do you really move your stops from a loss to a winning position would be where you typically could add but the problem then is if the position goes against your.. then you are taking wins on one lot and losses on two. Now when you are playing for more points, you could add on at a later level as well.