Day Trading Stocks & Futures

suri112000

Re: Day trading Nifty & Stock Futures

Suri bhai, you mean to say, I will have to own them in my demat account before I can sell them.
But can't I short sell in equity today and buy back tomorrow and so on?

Vivek
It is not reliable to depend on BTST or STBT. It is always better to hold the stock in demat before you sell.

Suri bhai, you mean to say, I will have to own them in my demat account before I can sell them.

Vivek
i think you cannot. STBT seems to be illegal from some comments.

Note that STT increases 10 times with BTST for equity. See here. Maye not be worth it for intraday timeframes.

Apparently there is no delivery charge if you sell next day. Not sure if brokerage is Delivery (free for Zerodha) or intraday brokerage

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

It is not reliable to depend on BTST or STBT. It is always better to hold the stock in demat before you sell.
Understood that thanks.
I am wondering whether it would serve my purpose, I would practically be both long and short in the same script, wouldn't I be?

Vivek

suri112000

Understood that thanks.
I am wondering whether it would serve my purpose, I would practically be both long and short in the same script, wouldn't I be?

Vivek
When you make profits in short sell, the profits are added to your other long position by averaging the price. When you make loss in short sell, the average price of long holding increases.

xitija

Vivek
Sir,short sell equity not allowed for overnight position.If we short sell equity and it carried forward using normal order,we have to face auction.Is my understanding correct sir?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

Sir,short sell equity not allowed for overnight position.If we short sell equity and it carried forward using normal order,we have to face auction.Is my understanding correct sir?
For all practical purposes your understanding is correct.

Vivek

travi

Suppose I sold today, bought tomorrow at 3:15, then again sold at 3:16, to be bought again day after....and so on.
Other than huge taxes, any other problem in that?
Why I am asking is, how to have a positional sell in equity?
Vivek
Your T+2 will not get tricked like that :D Intra is accounted before CNC.

STBT can safely be done for liquid stocks and many do it.
The problem is for T+2. On that day, when another party comes to collect what you "short sold" for delivery it is a problem and that delivery is fulfilled from an auction.
The auction price and penalty can hurt.

Even now, this occurs many-a-times, you will read ppl complaining about delivery even after 3-4 days.

What Suri Bhai suggests is a way to trick the system, so you can't just start it overnight but can develop it for stocks that you want.
So buy swing quantities and stock them for long-term.
That's why futures are supposed to do the same thing, OI can create infinite liquidity unlike EQ which is finite number of stocks.

By the way, why do you want to do that with Eq instead of Futures?