Day Trading Stocks & Futures

re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

In both NF & BNF.......tooK short below 5/15 min 10:00 pl low and added add 1 below 5/15 min 10:30 pl low in BNF..........and still holding all in both.

HEM
Now added add 1 in NF.

HEM

Hem bro
would squaring off shorts above 1pm high right thing to do in todays trades?

NF = covered all above 5 min 1:55 ph high/15 min 2:00 ph high( both 5/15 min ph is same)........... again took short below LOD (5 min 1:20 pl low/15 & 30 min 1:30 PL low...... all three5/15/30 min pl low is same )...... and covered 1/2 at the closing of 3:05 EOM bar( look at volume) and rest 1/2 covered at 3:15 bar closing.

BNF = covered all above 5 min 12:50 ph high/15 min 1:00 ph high( both 5/15 min ph is same)......... again took short below LOD ( (5 min 12:25 pl low/15 & 30 min 12:30 PL low...... all three5/15/30 min pl low is same )......and covered 1/2 at the closing of 3:05 EOM bar( look at volume) and rest 1/2 covered at 3:15 bar closing.

HEM

Last edited:

wat about ur leaving TJ phir paida ho gaye idhar kya :D
Have almost stopped posting here since then, was compelled to post after reading your posts, as you are always a victim of circumstances, never because of a lack of system.

I have never seen you discuss backtesting in a major way, never seen you tabulate or discuss trade distribution, various metrics, various ratios.

Just seen you loose money on a daily basis.

You are a victim of your own thoughts.

I have also seen augubhai loose money almost daily, but at least he is doing research, back tests, and is posting about his progress.
Thats the difference in loosing.... and loosing and trying not to loose again the next day.

Tlahuicole

NF = covered all above 5 min 1:55 ph high/15 min 2:00 ph high( both 5/15 min ph is same)........... again took short below LOD (5 min 1:20 pl low/15 & 30 min 1:30 PL low...... all three5/15/30 min pl low is same )...... and covered 1/2 at the closing of 3:05 EOM bar( look at volume) and rest 1/2 covered at 3:15 bar closing.

BNF = covered all above 5 min 12:50 ph high/15 min 1:00 ph high( both 5/15 min ph is same)......... again took short below LOD ( (5 min 12:25 pl low/15 & 30 min 12:30 PL low...... all three5/15/30 min pl low is same )......and covered 1/2 at the closing of 3:05 EOM bar( look at volume) and rest 1/2 covered at 3:15 bar closing.

HEM
Hem bhai,

What is the major use of TFA other than high probable entries?

Does it help you avoid trading in sideways range also?

Just had this doubt :D

augubhai

Have almost stopped posting here since then, was compelled to post after reading your posts, as you are always a victim of circumstances, never because of a lack of system.

I have never seen you discuss backtesting in a major way, never seen you tabulate or discuss trade distribution, various metrics, various ratios.

Just seen you loose money on a daily basis.

You are a victim of your own thoughts.

I have also seen augubhai loose money almost daily, but at least he is doing research, back tests, and is posting about his progress.
Thats the difference in loosing.... and loosing and trying not to loose again the next day.
my case is strange. i had been trading ORB since 2008. Every time, I made big profits, i lost it by poor money management - unsustainable increase in position size.

backtesting, I always find that i would be profitable if i had followed proper money management. 18 months back, i decided to quit job and trade full time. the plan was to focus on ORB, while also experimenting with other styles rest of the time. but july 2012 onwards, was somewhat bad for ORB, and i decided to try out other random systems. the experiments lasted a bit longer than needed, and now i am back on track to trade only backtested systems.

my case is strange. i had been trading ORB since 2008. Every time, I made big profits, i lost it by poor money management - unsustainable increase in position size.

backtesting, I always find that i would be profitable if i had followed proper money management. 18 months back, i decided to quit job and trade full time. the plan was to focus on ORB, while also experimenting with other styles rest of the time. but july 2012 onwards, was somewhat bad for ORB, and i decided to try out other random systems. the experiments lasted a bit longer than needed, and now i am back on track to trade only backtested systems.
The language you use is the language of a professional trader, a person who has earned the right to switch on his terminal every morning, because you know where you want to go, you have data points, stats, trade logs, results, etc.

Most of the traders who trade daily dont even have the right to switch on their trading terminals, as they are just out to try their luck at spinning the wheel, and get addicted to random rewards.