Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

Sequential setups are also recycling continuously....so a long sideways to down consolidation is indicated.....
For NS: 2nd setup of 1400 pts which became active beating the first one, has now been beaten by the 3rd one that completed on 15-jun and no flip yet. so upto bar #11 the total setup size is 1550.
That means now the 3rd Sell setup on NS becomes the active one last Friday :)

More pain seems to be in the pipeline, 2nd setup got as far as CD11 just to get recycled :DD
still market has to play out, we have seen sideways CD phase too so may not be deep but volatility will remain.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

A Qn to you:
Suppose you buy a stock at Rs.130. That day it falls to a low of 125. The whole day it plunges, and at 15:00 it starts rallying. Closing price 128. Youre still holding.
Next day at open, the market depth shows bids from125 to 128. And offers from 130; to 135. LTP 128.50.

If I place my offer at 128, what 0rice will I get.

Are there other possibilities if I change the price.
wow did something mysterious happened when you placed a order ?
else I don't see reason why you asked such basic question + relating it to previous market day.:confused:

mohan.sic

I could not attach the chart .
Called " Buffet Global Market Cap to Global GDP " it's around 120 it's quite over valued.
Still down side scope of 20 % from current levels so it's better to wait instead of buying on dip.

Expert opinion @Smart_trade, @travi @timepass and others welcome. View attachment 47861

It is not very much overvalued at current levels. With recent fall in US markets it is may be little above the short term average.
But as you said 20% fall from current levels will be nice opportunity.

Since your offer is at 128, and there is a bid at 128, you will get a fill at 128.

If the offer price is below the best bid( highest bid), then you will still get fill at the best bid price.
If there is best bid at 128, and you punch 127 or 125, you will still sell at 128.

This is one way of making limit orders behave like mkt orders but in a controlled way.
Thanks Raviji. Will this also apply in selling options? The stakes are higher. Wonder if this is absolutely free from mischief. No possibility of a low bidder bagging a low offer?

wow did something mysterious happened when you placed a order ?
else I don't see reason why you asked such basic question + relating it to previous market day.:confused:
What to do...I'm still learning...learning....
Ya..and sometimes mysterious things do happen for me...like price was waiting for me to place the order before going in opposite direction...

technical bounce may happen in NIFTY. may turn in short term uptrend for swing long
a very strong bounce in NS50 yday with strong volume. price is right at the door of first resistance but expecting more upside/short-term uptrend. all positions are in the green as of now

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
For NS: 2nd setup of 1400 pts which became active beating the first one, has now been beaten by the 3rd one that completed on 15-jun and no flip yet. so upto bar #11 the total setup size is 1550.
That means now the 3rd Sell setup on NS becomes the active one last Friday :)

More pain seems to be in the pipeline, 2nd setup got as far as CD11 just to get recycled :DD
still market has to play out, we have seen sideways CD phase too so may not be deep but volatility will remain.
Interestingly, Count for CNX 500 did complete but then exceeded stoploss, however yesterday it clawed back in.
Also count for midcap index completed day before with yesterday as strong positive close, same is the case with small cap index.
Lets see…

Vivek