Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Rajeev Jain of Bajaj Finance on competition from Fintechs -

"Show me a $1bn balance sheet fintech. There are none. There may be $1bn valuation fintech - but not $1bn balance sheet"

Correct Approach ....

Make sure you’re buying FY23 earnings growth and not the fall.

The question everyone is finding an answer is "how deep this correction will go and how long it will continue" Though no one has any definitive answer to this question I am trying to do some analysis for my own investments.

So far we have corrected about 8-9 % in Nifty from the top and that is a very flattish correction. Normally we get over 10 -12 % correction every year and in some years it could go to even 20 % from the top.....so some more correction is possible particularly when the new Corona variants are raising their head all over the world and the event of Fed tapering is upon us.

The upmove was from April 2020 to October 2021 so 19 months so the normal correction will take 4-6 months timewise ( we just did 2 months so far ) .Experience so far shows that when an expansionary phase starts the central banks start tightening the liquidity after about 12 to 15 months. Whenever central banks have tightened the liquidity in past there is a knee jerk reaction for next 3-4 months and the FIIs,leveraged investors sell and the market comes down....so that phase is going on and will continue for 3-4 months more....after that the upmove resumes and continues for some more years....so we have to trade this bearish phase for 4-6 months more before there is a sign of any upmove.So the market will continue its meandering downmove for some more time in my view as the correction has do pricewise and timewise completion. I am buying in large dips but in a controlled way knowing fully well that we have to endure this correction for 3-4 months more and 5-7 % price damage more......

Investors may do their own analysis before taking any investment decisions.....
Dear SmartTrade,

Thanks a lot for your post, it does help calm the nerves. I will be doing a staggered buying in this fall.

I have a question for you related to day trading. I have decided to start trading one of your day trading methods called Swift. I have known this for the last 10 years but somehow couldnt manage to day trade. I am pasting the method here and I have some questions on that which I requerst you to answer:-

SWIFT

Method :
Swift ....An intraday Trading Method

Timeframe : 5 min for Bank NF....10/15 min for others

Set Up : 30 Bars simple moving average( of close ) overlayed on the price chart....( 60 bars in case of BNF...)

Buy Set up : Prices taking out PH above the MA line.....and MA Line ticking up ( meaning MA value to be higher than previous bar MA value)

Sell Set up : PL cracking below the MA line and MA line ticking down....

No Trade : Price above MA but MA falling....and also Price below the MA line and MA line rising....

Enrty : On all pivots...pure,aggressive,sideways,tiny ....Be careful in the range of first bar..... Bothways trades on Gaps/steep rise earlier days

Exits...Pivots in opposite direction,previous support/resistances,EOM bars, Hammers,shooting stars in larger Timeframe of 30 min....

Adds : On all types of pivots......Initial + 1 adds normally...Initial + 2 adds in exceptionally strong trending market in downtrends....

Filters : Small filter of 5 points for BNF,1 point for Tata Motors....

Unquote

Questions:-
1. I am not in a position to do fno for the moment. I would like to know from you which stocks are suitable for day trading. You had mentioned Tata motors, over the last 10 years, please share if you know more stocks uitable specifically for day trading.
2. Would you like to improvise anything in the method or can we keeep it as is?
3. I also plan to club this with your VWAP idea and also your more than 5 bar oscillators idea to improve the chances of a successful trade with 1% risk oer trade to begin with.

Eagerl;y waiting for your reply.

Regards,
PTK

appliance and houseware manufacturing companies are bucking the broader market trend and making new highs. once can look for trading ideas in this sector.
LAOPALA has not fallen much yday in fact took support around 380 and today +6.8% .

LGBBROSLTD

stock is about to give BO. strong fundamentals and technical

Dear SmartTrade,

Thanks a lot for your post, it does help calm the nerves. I will be doing a staggered buying in this fall.

I have a question for you related to day trading. I have decided to start trading one of your day trading methods called Swift. I have known this for the last 10 years but somehow couldnt manage to day trade. I am pasting the method here and I have some questions on that which I requerst you to answer:-

SWIFT

Method :
Swift ....An intraday Trading Method

Timeframe : 5 min for Bank NF....10/15 min for others

Set Up : 30 Bars simple moving average( of close ) overlayed on the price chart....( 60 bars in case of BNF...)

Buy Set up : Prices taking out PH above the MA line.....and MA Line ticking up ( meaning MA value to be higher than previous bar MA value)

Sell Set up : PL cracking below the MA line and MA line ticking down....

No Trade : Price above MA but MA falling....and also Price below the MA line and MA line rising....

Enrty : On all pivots...pure,aggressive,sideways,tiny ....Be careful in the range of first bar..... Bothways trades on Gaps/steep rise earlier days

Exits...Pivots in opposite direction,previous support/resistances,EOM bars, Hammers,shooting stars in larger Timeframe of 30 min....

Adds : On all types of pivots......Initial + 1 adds normally...Initial + 2 adds in exceptionally strong trending market in downtrends....

Filters : Small filter of 5 points for BNF,1 point for Tata Motors....

Unquote

Questions:-
1. I am not in a position to do fno for the moment. I would like to know from you which stocks are suitable for day trading. You had mentioned Tata motors, over the last 10 years, please share if you know more stocks uitable specifically for day trading.
2. Would you like to improvise anything in the method or can we keeep it as is?
3. I also plan to club this with your VWAP idea and also your more than 5 bar oscillators idea to improve the chances of a successful trade with 1% risk oer trade to begin with.

Eagerl;y waiting for your reply.

Regards,
PTK
The method is not wrong timing of market entry is getting wrong.
Current market it very unpridictable.
I think you should better wait till January 2 week.
Now market volumes start drying out till December end.
With less volume market can take sharp turn both sides.
Accurate reply will be given by ST DA out of love call him WB of our forum. We have many hidden gems they might respond to your Query.
I am layman on this forum.

अरे भाई Big players are missing in action like ST DA, Travi, Timepass, Vivektrader , May be missing lot names. Bhai logo note ginna khatm hogaya to hamare upar bhi do char chite udado.
Bahut loss leke खडे hai.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
अरे भाई Big players are missing in action like ST DA, Travi, Timepass, Vivektrader , May be missing lot names. Bhai logo note ginna khatm hogaya to hamare upar bhi do char chite udado.
Bahut loss leke खडे hai.
Simplest way to earn money and build a wealth out of it is to invest in growth stocks and hold them for a long time. The stock list has been posted multiple times in the forum.
But that's so boring and we think that simple ways can't make money and we need continuous action.
Don't waste too much of time in "timing" the market, rather it's important that how much time you hold your growth stocks.
Have faith in good companies, now is a good time (for "timing"), try to invest and hold for a period of 3years, you will be convinced much earlier of what I am saying.
Also don't try to book profits, only add in corrections (whenever a good stock corrects 8 or more percentage from recent high).
I haven't made consistent money trading but rather investing.
Just try what I have written above.
start by investing in just three stocks from following:
Bajajfinance
HDFC bank
Asian paint
Titan
Pidilite
Relaxo
Nestle
Kotakbank
Divislabs etc.
Edit: Average 10 year CAGR of the portfolio built from these companies will be between 25-30% depending on the proportion of different stocks. Adding to portfolio in a correction will further accentuate your returns. Believe me that's more than capable of creating enough wealth which is more importantly stress free.

Last edited: